NiMH Charger Recommendation

java_man

Newly Enlightened
I have 2 different chargers for AA - AAA - C NiMH batteries and neither one seem to fully charge the cells, plus they are slower than heck

Can anyone recommend a quality fast charger that will not cost an arm and a leg ?

bcwang

Enlightened
The Maha MH-C204W charges very fully, but only does so in pairs. It's under $30

The Energizer 15 minute charger seems to work pretty well based on different people's testing, it's also under $30.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
TG2800 for AA/AAA batteries,
It is a independant channel charger so you don't have to charge in pairs. With one or two batteries, the charge rate is 1,000mA and with three or four, the charge rate drops to 500mA. Cost is $26.00 at amondotech
A nice charger is the Accucharger Accumanager It will charge AAA/AA/C/D and 9V batteries at 700mA for AA and up. Not very fast with C and D cells but it runs about $50.

bcwang

Enlightened
BentHeadTX said:
TG2800 for AA/AAA batteries,
It is a independant channel charger so you don't have to charge in pairs. With one or two batteries, the charge rate is 1,000mA and with three or four, the charge rate drops to 500mA. Cost is $26.00 at amondotech
A nice charger is the Accucharger Accumanager It will charge AAA/AA/C/D and 9V batteries at 700mA for AA and up. Not very fast with C and D cells but it runs about $50.

Which reminds me, I was at microcenter and saw a charger that looks just like the TG2800. http://www.targusdigital.com/aa/lcdaa.html

It cost $28 and comes with 4 2500mah cells. I wonder if it is exactly the same as the tg2800.