Replacement for N62 Lamp?

wizard

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if there is an alternative lamp for the N62? I love the 12ZM - but I am wondering if there is a way to avoid the thermal shutdown "feature" of this light.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could use the MN61, which is the 350 lumen lamp from the M4. That lasts 20 minutes or so, and i've never experienced a thermal shutdown running it in my 12PM.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you using SF batteries? They have thermal shutdown at lower temps than other brands.

Size15's

Flashaholic
In my experience of the N62 in the 12PM and M4 constant-on runtimes are unlikely to exceed three minutes regardless of battery brand.

There may be an issue of using the MN61 in the 12PM/12ZM. Depending on which TurboHead your 12ZM uses and the combination of that individual TurboHead and the individual Lamp Assembly the beam may not be as 'SureFire perfect' because the reflector 'dimple' finish is not sufficiently coarse/disruptive to generate the perfect beam. There may well be a 'donut' hole at close range.
The 12PM/12ZM TurboHeads are designed for bulb filaments that are short and thin rather than long and thick.
It's a case of try and see.