SureFire M3 Mn10 Burn out

laserbokkie

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

my old M3 used one MN10 bulb without problems for 3 years.
The new M3 though, needs a new MN10 after a few weeks of use already.

i actually do not know what happened since it was working well the one moment and a few minutes later the light was a weakish, yellowish beam with no throw.

I firts thought the batteries were flat, so i replaced them just to get the same yellowish beam.
This is the first bulb that gives up just like that from 5 yrs of having Surefires.

Here is a pic of the MN10, maybe someone has an idea what had happened?

Greetz
laserbokkie
MN10.2.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
It's a duff lamp - the gas has leaked out. Call SureFire and I'm sure they'll send you a replacement. Offer to send them that photo if you want.

Al

laserbokkie

Newly Enlightened
I did,

they said they will.
Just wondering if they also send it to my current location...

Daoes that happen often? As i mentioned...my old M3 used ione and the same lamp for 3 yrs...and that one fell quite a few times andf never any probs.

Size15's

Flashaholic
It appears that every-once-in-a-while bulbs that are at extremely high pressure (for example for the M3, M3T, M4, M6, 10X) will leak or otherwise die within the first one or two battery changes (normally within the first few minutes of use).

If the bulb does not die 'instantly' it will likely last at least 25-30 hours of use before the filament becomes too weak.

Normally I test any lamp I put in a spares carrier at least one set of batteries to check that it's okay.

Al

laserbokkie

Newly Enlightened
A few weeks went by and no news or, as promised, replacement bulb from SureFire.

Number one choice?
Is it reason enough for a jeers??

Greetz
bokkie

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire, for some strange reason known only to them, ships by Parcel Post by default.

It took 3 weeks to get from Southern Cal to Washington State, so don't be alarmed yet.

If you call, they will check when they shipped it out. If, for some reason, the lamp was not in stock, they will still ship it when available.

Bill