Mag2D & 6 2300mah nimhs

shaman

Newly Enlightened
This is just a basic question.

I have a smooth cammed al reflector, UCL lens, and of course a 2D. I have been running a potted carley 1057 but I wanted to try the ROP... I know that under normal scenarios, the cbp 1650s would be the best due to amp draw... should I or shouldn't I do the ROP with 6 zukz 2300mah nimhs? I would stick with the potted carley but I already smoked one just by switching the batts with freshly charged ones (yeah I didn't let it sit overnight to take the edge off). Plus for about $10 I can get both pelican bulbs whereas the carley is about that for one.
Is there a better solution (bulb, Kiu bi-pin & bulb, better batts)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Shaman

Delvance

Enlightened
You can always use the ROP low bulb. I wouldn't use the high with normal consumer grade NiMHs though.

Some people run the low and some 2500mAh batteries for about an hour of runtime. Low gives about 350 output lumens. Bear in mind the smooth reflector will give you a beam with artifacts though, but at least it'll throw good.

As to how they compare to WA lamps etc, i can't help sorry. Never played with any of them. Alot of members do report the ROP hi in a good setup is about equal to an OK M@g85 though.

Hope this helps.

Oh...if you did want to get some CBP 1650s, try out the high. It's a fantastic bulb and having a 2D sized light outputting ~700 lumens is...well enough said =P