Bay Area Lunch

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been a while since we've gotten together for lunch, so I figured it's about time. I recommend Grand Indian Buffet (formerly Sneha restaurant), Friday March 24 at 11:45. If anyone has a better idea, I'm open for anything.

snehaindianrestaurant.png

CLHC

Flashaholic
Hopefully I'll have that day off since work's been slow and will start to pick up next week. Indian cuisine eh? I've had Tandoor and it sure was good! :wave:

CLHC

Flashaholic
No further responses as of late eh? And it's cold and raining again. :thinking:

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's early yet. I still need to notify some people that don't check in very often. I love the food there.

The problem with a buffet that has good food is trying not to eat so much that you have to waddle out of the restaurant. :laughing:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Weevile Waddle. . .I agree with you on that. Don't feel like going back to work because after a gorging of oneself, it's siesta time. . . :sleepy:

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
I wonder if one can sneak in :huh: some outside foodstuff to the buffet. :thinking:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Um... FOOD! I'm in.

Daniel, I was hoping you could make it so PaulB and myself could share our recent import incursion. :D

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
igabo, I normally do not encourage skipping, but in this case you'll probably learn more from the 1 hour lunch session for your life than 4 hrs of class lecture.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
igabo said:
Darn, I have class then. :( Have always wondered how the food was there too...
Come on now. When you get right down to it, what's more important - getting an education or feeding your habit. :laughing:

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daniel,

Load up at Burger King before you come, then just come and have a cup of tea with us.

gadget_lover said:
I dislike Indian cuisine, so I'll be passing on this one. Hope all y'all have a good time.

Daniel

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Well, there is a job fair in Santa Clara, so maybe I'll be there after all. Do they make any indian dishes that are not spice AND don't have safron either? I'm (unfortunately) abnormally sensitive to spices.

Who's bringing in a lathe so we can do demo's over desert?

:)

Daniel

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have quite a few dishes that aren't spicy and do not contain safron. You can wait till everyone else gets their food, and they can be your taste testers. Then you'll know enough of the non-spicy dishes to get plenty to eat.

greenLED

Flashaholic
There're some wonderful Indian desserts...
Wish I could come. Flashaholic get-togethers are a blast.