Battery Junction - Olight
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: I think I just found a grave in my yard...! {w/PICs}

Default Re: I think I just found a grave in my yard...! {w/PICs}

Ah, time for an update. I wasn't going to do anymore posting here, but suddenly there was a rash of posts that made this thread keep appearing in my "new posts" list. Do you want an update, or just more humor opportunity? I have enjoyed it alot, but I am a little wary about continuing. You'll see why. This may be my last post to this thread.

I haven't found the cave, but I did find an area that looks caved in. If there was a cave present, I think it's at this spot. Lots of big rocks tossed together. Could very well be nothing, too. But I don't see any other area around that could fit the bill.

I got the opportunity to see a black Nissan Altima that had gotten the Downs Road Ghost treatment. Ok, THAT was creepy. It looks like claws or nails from a giant hand had been digging at the sides, hood and roof of the car. What I mean is, the marks look like they were from something like that, on a large scale. I wish I had my camera with me; it was an unplanned opportunity. There are indents/scratches that go right to the metal. I trust the veracity of those I spoke with; I believe this wasn't vandalism of any kind. The owner didn't report it to the newspaper or anything sensationalistic like that; this was a quiet town story passed from one person to another, nothing more. And he wants it to stay that way, which I respect. The car stalled one night on Downs Road in the unpaved section last fall, and the occupant was rocked inside the car while this "attack" occured. Nothing was visible, but I was told that there was an audible sound of a distant male voice, but louder, if that makes sense. ??? It reportedly lasted only a few moments. I will tell you, this chilled me a bit. I'm not a big close encounter kind of guy, as those who know me personally and here on CPF can attest. The occupant said they were definitely scared, but didn't get the impression they were in danger per se, but that "something" was angry. Totally bizarre. And there is no way this person wrecked their own recent model car for nothing. How he got this impression is beyond me. This event came up in a conversation in a neutral place with a friend and someone I just met; so I inquired further. There was no reason to suspect anything, which I have been thinking on and over, trying to come up with different explanations - ala crop circles. So far, I don't have anything too good.

The pumphouse: I haven't been back there since my last pics. I don't know what condition it's in or if it's still flooded. One of the reasons I didn't want to break down the door is because I'd have to replace it. It's on my property, and I don't want it to become a spot where a local child can wander and get hurt. If no spiders or animals have moved in there, I'm leaving.

The Hermit: No more news here, and it's unlikely I will come across anymore.

Dennis Lan?: He is still resting comfortably, thank you. This may sound idiotic to you, but then again, you are reading this thread, so: a few weeks back I placed a flower on the tombstone, and said a short prayer. If Dennis is there, I wanted to treat him with respect, sort of let him know he wasn't forgotten. This was impromptu when I was doing some yard work. Didn't think it over alot or anything, more a spur of the moment kind of thing. Think what you will about that, I guess.
    The Phaser: A nice EDC with great throw; heat and runtime can be issues.

Best Diffusion Film!

Phaserburn,

Thanks for the update, and thanks for providing so much fun. Even though this thread has nothing to do with lights, it has been one of the most enjoyable CPF threads that I have followed. But, alas, all good things must come to an end.
    Jim - Have lights, lead, and steel will travel

The heck with runtime. I just want to hold the sun in my hands!! Brighter is Better!

One of the best threads I've followed. Thanks for the update! And so the journey ends...

Quote Originally Posted by Arkayne

One of the best threads I've followed. Thanks for the update! And so the journey ends...
    I didn't mean I wouldn't post again. I just was a little concerned about the reaction because this last post was a little out there for me...

Best Diffusion Film!

waiting for pics of the car.

oops!
    Anything CAN be done, the impossible just takes a little longer!!

wow that is pretty full on.

is it possible to get pics of the car?

Phaserburn,

The longer I live, the more I understand that some things just aren't explained by what we KNOW, and that some things are best explained by what we FEEL or have FAITH occurred.

If you are comfortable that the marks on the car are unexplained, that's what they are from my point of view.

I too, would love pics.

I will say that when I was recently married, my wife and I were returning home from Lake Tahoe, high in the Nevada/Oregon mountains when we stopped in a pull out to sleep.

After about an hour, my wife woke up and woke me up because she heard some type of growling. At first, it sounded to me like a far off motorcycle, but it was getting louder. I expected to see a headlight anytime, but it never showed up. In the hour or so we slept, (it was like 2-3 AM) no one passed us.

The sound got loud enough that the car itself seemed to actually vibrate an by that time my wife was panicky. I was stilled pretty intrigued, I've seen bears, cougars, and pretty much all the wildlife in North America while out camping, and this sound was unlike anything I've heard.

With her yelling at me to start the car and get out of there, I finally did so. but I pulled ahead until the sound was less and swept my headlights over as much of the area on both sides of the road as I could and didn't see a thing.

What was it? Who knows? I always sort of felt like it was a bear growl of some kind, just not a variety I had heard, but ?

Bill
    Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.
    Benjamin Franklin

If your local historian finds more on Dennis, please let us know. Thank you for the update.
    Dana

Str Re: I think I just found a grave in my yard...! {w/PICs}

as i was reading this thread i was listening to the yankee game. as by the 5th page the yankees were losing 4 to 2 to the rangers. i turned the game off to concentrate on this thread. it was abt the 5th inning(not really sure, was so absorbed with this thread). by the timei was on page 15, i had to check the score. the yankees won 8 to seven. and that was hours ago. i am finally finished with reading this thread.
    now, with some suggestions: in the daytime run a geiger counter around the tombstone, ultrasound. use a ouiga board and ask about any evil spirits inhabiting your property. the cave, the pumphouse, the nissan altima!
    at night: hold a seance, place a voice activated tape recorder on the tombstone, inside the pumphouse, near the cave and inside the car. place motion detecting lights near the vehicle, the pumphouse and the area you suspect is the cave.
    next morning retreive the tape recorder and listen carefully for any voices!
    ask a medium if there are anybody else living in your property that is not paying rent!

wonder if you play a recording of a vehicle would that figure approach the tape recorder?

Hey Senecaripple...

As of your last post, your post count was 666....

Evilgrin07 Re: I think I just found a grave in my yard...! {w/PICs}

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    Hey Senecaripple...

As of your last post, your post count was 666....
    and i'l be forever haunting this thread and any bethany residents who are redsox fans!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Phaserburn
    I got the opportunity to see a black Nissan Altima that had gotten the Downs Road Ghost treatment. Ok, THAT was creepy. It looks like claws or nails from a giant hand had been digging at the sides, hood and roof of the car. What I mean is, the marks look like they were from something like that, on a large scale. There are indents/scratches that go right to the metal. I trust the veracity of those I spoke with; I believe this wasn't vandalism of any kind. The owner didn't report it to the newspaper or anything sensationalistic like that; this was a quiet town story passed from one person to another, nothing more. And he wants it to stay that way, which I respect. The car stalled one night on Downs Road in the unpaved section last fall, and the occupant was rocked inside the car while this "attack" occured. Nothing was visible, but I was told that there was an audible sound of a distant male voice, but louder, if that makes sense. ??? It reportedly lasted only a few moments. The occupant said they were definitely scared, but didn't get the impression they were in danger per se, but that "something" was angry.
    I assume you meant that the driver was locked in the car, not "rocked?" By "Nothing was visible" do you mean the driver couldn't see whatever it was that was attacking his car? Most nights you are going to be able to see anything that close to you, even without lights, unless it is foggy, or maybe you are in a deep forest, etc. So, did he not see anything because he could have seen it, but there was nothing to see, or because he couldn't have seen anything, even if there was something to be seen?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightmeup
    I assume you meant that the driver was locked in the car, not "rocked?" By "Nothing was visible" do you mean the driver couldn't see whatever it was that was attacking his car? Most nights you are going to be able to see anything that close to you, even without lights, unless it is foggy, or maybe you are in a deep forest, etc. So, did he not see anything because he could have seen it, but there was nothing to see, or because he couldn't have seen anything, even if there was something to be seen?
    Correct; the driver was inside the car while the car was being rocked, and he couldn't see a physical cause. Not sure exactly why he couldn't, just that he didn't.

I don't think I can arrange photos; this was a limited opportunity to speak with this gentleman, and I was under the impression he wouldn't want pics on the internet. Actually, I wish I could've taped my short conversation with him; it would convey a whole lot more info and impression than I have been able to here.

Best Diffusion Film!

Phaserburn,

Definitely my favorite thread in the short time I've been lurking here. It's the type of thing most of us dream of finding (minus the potential hoards of flashlight aficionados showing up to "help"). I would, however, want to solve the pumphouse mystery before my son decides to after watching one-too-many Scooby Doo shows!

Thanks for the update, good luck, and stay safe.
    Who knows...

ahhh...the good ole' Grave in the yard....

This was such a fun thread

So when's our cookout/Exorcism? LOL

Sorry, duplicate post...no idea what happened...
    Last edited by mmace1; 09-09-2006 at 02:02 AM. Reason: duplicate post

Wow...I don't even know how I found this thread...I think maybe I was looking for headlight suggestions...and the spot where someone suggested driving slowly down the scary road w/ the headlights off scored a hit in my google search!

After reading it....(I got sucked in) Ihave to ask...any updates?

Anything even happen with the abandoned eerily empty/locked pumphouse, the ghost/monster, the preacher who use to live there, the gravestone, disappearing residents, or the hermit????? Did you find any other horror movie cliches related to your property??? (seriously) Thanks!

My wife just bought a book called "Weird Maryland," and it tells about strange places and legends in Maryland, our home state. I was telling her about a website that someone, I believe in this thread, linked to in which you could put in your state and get a listing and description of haunted sites. I've just looked through the whole thread and I can't find it. Does anyone know what site I'm talking about?

LOL

I lov this thread

Ok, let me get this straight.
    Bodies buried in the yard, a cave, and possible "activity" taken out on a vehicle.
    This does sound like something out of the Poltergeist movie like an earlier poster stated.

Anyway, if this guy shows up at your door, tell him you'll play along just as long as you wind up being able to communicate through a Surefire instead of a television.

We'll change the batteries as needed.

Thanks, LumenHound!

Who is the guy and from what movie is the pic in Lit Up's post?

R

Quote Originally Posted by G1K
    Who is the guy and from what movie is the pic in Lit Up's post?

R
    That's Reverend Kane from the Poltergeist movies. Part 2 to be exact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lit Up
    That's Reverend Kane from the Poltergeist movies. Part 2 to be exact.
    His role for this part was excellent...creeped me out.

Reading Phaserburn's thread, it is scenarios like this that have me wondering what it may be like buying a house with such history. You hear stories about paranormal encounters...

With Haloween approaching; Travel, Discovery channels do their part in rasing awareness...

This was a great read BTW.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mmace1
    After reading it....(I got sucked in) Ihave to ask...any updates?

Anything even happen with the abandoned eerily empty/locked pumphouse, the ghost/monster, the preacher who use to live there, the gravestone, disappearing residents, or the hermit????? Did you find any other horror movie cliches related to your property??? (seriously) Thanks!
    Nope, no more horror cliches; there are apparently enough already! No real updates to report. I can get no more useful info from the historical society or my neighbors. There is virtually no info on the former residents of my house that I can find searching the internet. I think I'm kind of at a standstill in this regard.

On a related note, I will confess that every night when I go out to empty the trash, I flash my light around the area where the gravestone lies. Not sure at all why I do this, but it happens all the time without my thinking of it. I've removed ground debris from it on several occasions to keep it clean, sticks, leaves and such. Odd, no?

Ah, The Pumphouse. Actually, here's an update of sorts: there are still no spiderwebs or insects of any kind inside. I was there a couple weeks back, and had a good look.

Best Diffusion Film!

Flashaholic*

I, for one, have found your thread quite intriguing and appreciate the updates. I have a respect and an appreciation for the past.

Thank you.
    Russ Jenkins
    A goat almost always blinks when hit on the head with a ball peen hammer.
    Mayo
    Burke
    Blackwood
    www.customknivesandguns.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phaserburn
    Ah, The Pumphouse. Actually, here's an update of sorts: there are still no spiderwebs or insects of any kind inside. I was there a couple weeks back, and had a good look.
    That could be a sign of contamination. Spirits or otherwise!
    Ray
    Good people need to be there for each other. It's the only way to stay sane in a sometimes insane world.

Maybe we could send Bubba in to check it out.
    Jim - Have lights, lead, and steel will travel

The heck with runtime. I just want to hold the sun in my hands!! Brighter is Better!

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516171819 LastLast