maglite price raise?

localguy808

Newly Enlightened
i recently went to walmart and noticed the 2D mags were like $22 bucks... last time i went it was like $15... i was wondering if these prices were raised everywhere?

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
At our local Target, Meijer, and WalMart stores the prices on Mags have all dropped recently or stayed the same. Some people were guessing that they were clearing shelves in preparation for the new Mag LED lights, but it could have just been a seasonal sale.

-Keith

X

XiM

lucky *******s, over here in the Netherlands I'd be lucky to get a 2D mag for $35. Usually it's more like $45 though.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
XiM said:
lucky *******s, over here in the Netherlands I'd be lucky to get a 2D mag for $35. Usually it's more like $45 though.

That's a terrible price to pay for M@G. Hopefully you can get it from the US for less (at a decent shipping rate).

CLHC

Flashaholic
Well I don't know, but the Fry's Electronics store over here sells them 5 and 6 D cell sized Maglites for $19.99. The Maglite Rechargeable is still the same at $99.99.

InfidelCastro

Banned
I haven't noticed any price increase. If anything, I've seen them much lower since some larger retailers have moved into town.

I remember paying over $20 for my Minimag at Kmart several years ago. Now they're like $9 at Home Depot and Lowes.

rfwjr

Newly Enlightened
I was at Fry's this weekend and they had the Mag 3 D cell for $9.90 in Blue or Red, but the Black was 19.90. I also picked up an Inova X1 blue light(old stlye) for $4.90.

BBL

Enlightened
localguy808 said:
i recently went to walmart and noticed the 2D mags were like $22 bucks... last time i went it was like $15... i was wondering if these prices were raised everywhere?

$22 - thats exactly the price i paid for my only maglite (2D).
That was in 1993 :D

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't noticed any increases here on Mags. Is it possible that the packages that you saw were misplaced on the wrong peg? At our local Wal*Marts, merchandise is on the wrong peg more often than not since several of our Wal*Mart stores are located in neighborhoods were English is not a primary language, and some of their customers may not read very well (in any language.)

localguy808 said:

Buckeye

Enlightened
I just came back from Target and they had blue 4D Mags clearanced at $11.84. The other colors may be on sale also, but not marked. Last month the black Mini-Mags were on sale for $6.22, but the other colors were not marked the same price. However, I scanned a copper MM and it was the $6.22. I bought it. I've found that different Targets in the same city will have different items on clearance.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was over at Fry's last night.

2D Mags in blue, red, dark green - $9.90
3D Mags in most colors (may have even included black) - $9.90

Inova X5s (except white) are still $9.90

Inova X5s in White - Don't bother, unscrupulous types have already swapped out green and blue lights into the packages for the white ones, some have even taken the batteries.

Scott Packard

Newly Enlightened
Mag rechargeable at harborfreight.com "slashed" to $79.99. I say slashed in quotes because I don't know if it's a regular price or a limited markdown.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Brighteyez said:
Inova X5s in White - Don't bother, unscrupulous types have already swapped out green and blue lights into the packages for the white ones, some have even taken the batteries.
I've seen this to myself over at the Hamilton Fry's in Campbell and the San Jose Fry's on Brokaw. That is simply too bad people would even think of doing that. :thumbsdow

sniper

Enlightened
Sheesh! I'm still looking for a 3c Mag for my DB3W ! Looking for lights in all the wrong places??? :)

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
This probably happens at Fry's more than at other stores. Mostly with computer related peripheral and add-in products. That's why you should never buy anything there that has been previously returned. Most stores send returned goods back to the vendor/manufacturer rather than repackaging them and putting them back out on the shelf. And I understand that the Fry's on Brokaw has the highest 'shrinkage' of all of the Fry's stores in the area.

CHC said:
I've seen this to myself over at the Hamilton Fry's in Campbell and the San Jose Fry's on Brokaw. That is simply too bad people would even think of doing that. :thumbsdow