Energizer "NH" series nimh cell capacity, AA, C, D

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interestingly, AA, C and D cell nimh's all have same capacity.

So is it cheaper to buy AA's and spacers, or larger cell sizes.

Certainly easier to store AA's and few spacers.

Alkalines "E" series
AA 2,850 mah
C . 8,350 mah
D . 20,500 mah

abvidledUK said:
Interestingly, AA, C and D cell nimh's all have same capacity.

So is it cheaper to buy AA's and spacers, or larger cell sizes.

Certainly easier to store AA's and few spacers.

Alkalines "E" series
AA 2,850 mah
C . 8,350 mah
D . 20,500 mah

Read the engineering datasheet. The C & D have lower internal resistance and they're made in China. The AA is Made in Japan.

So the cells are not the same. I think the C and D has a lower internal resistance Sub-C instead of an AA. I had some RadioShack NiCd C's that were made with sleeves and Sub Cs

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Handlobraesing said:
Read the engineering datasheet. The C & D have lower internal resistance and they're made in China. The AA is Made in Japan.

So the cells are not the same. I think the C and D has a lower internal resistance Sub-C instead of an AA. I had some RadioShack NiCd C's that were made with sleeves and Sub Cs

So that's a good plus point to buy the Energizer AA size only, being made in Japan, and capacity wise being equal.

abvidledUK said:
So that's a good plus point to buy the Energizer AA size only, being made in Japan, and capacity wise being equal.

Not necessarily. The lower internal resistance of sub-C based assemblies means better ability to handle higher current load. If you're running things less than 1A or so, it doesn't really matter though.

the_beast

Newly Enlightened
Unless weight is a concern, if you're looking to use a D cell and are worried about high currents your best bet is to get a proper D sized cell from CTA or similar. Their D cell is rated 12,000mAh and easily copes with 10A+ draws.

They are a little expensive at $10 each however.

thefish

Enlightened
the_beast said:
Unless weight is a concern, if you're looking to use a D cell and are worried about high currents your best bet is to get a proper D sized cell from CTA or similar. Their D cell is rated 12,000mAh and easily copes with 10A+ draws.

They are a little expensive at $10 each however.

What D cell would this be? I could possibly use some cells like that...