Any European meetings??

Kiessling

Flashaholic
The members of the German Mailing List (by chrisse 242) do meet from time to time, obviously in Germany :D
Depending on date and location I would be interested in a meeting ... although I can quickly say that at the end of April I cannot be in France.
bernie

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mmm... Germany. Lots of beer and nice people. :)

Give me a date and I'll show up!

I'm just curious about these gettogethers, how do you guys solve the logistical problems like accommodation and transport of all your flashlights and mods? Is there something special you are supposed to tell the security people at the airport when they x-ray your bags and found what they think looks like 20 pipe-bombs and some larger ones as well? "Hey, those are just my flashlights. I'm on my way to a flashoholic gettogether." "Right, fat chance! There is no such thing as flashoholic gettogethers. Get down on the ground, face down!"

Last edited:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Well, as many people on CPF like the outdoors too, I think accomodation can easily be solved by making it a campingtrip :) (did I mention that I got my new sleepingbag today?? :laughing: )

If its a meeting with just a few people, there might be some people willing to offer their spare bedroom. Something else i've been thinking about is renting a house for a weekend. I remember going away for a weekend a few years back with a bunch of friends. We rented an old farm, which had room for over 20 people. cost us like $30 pp for the whole weekend.

I think I'm going to plan a weekend meeting this summer or something.But first I'd have to know how many people to expect, wouldn't be nice if I have 6 beds for 30 people...

RadarGreg

Enlightened
I believe there is going to be a meeting next Tuesday here in Germany. I, unfortunately, will have to miss it as I will be back in Iraq by then. There might be a get together this summer for an overnighter, but check with Chrisse242 to see when it is planned.

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be up for a meet in France / Germany / Italy, subject to dates etc. I don't have anything super exciting to bring along though.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a meeting in the south east (limburg) of the netherlands? It's one on the areas of the netherlands where it gets really dark at night. Pretty close to german and belgian borders, so there is enough international potential for this meeting and for UK based flashaholics, I do believe there are a lot of cheap flights from London to Eindhoven airport, which is not too far to the region I had in mind :) Make it a weekend event, go camping with a bunch of flashaholics.

Maybe do a night hike, a competition on who has the most throw (who can throw a 2D mag the furthest), ofcourse a lot of showing off your lights and drooling over others. And have a nice barbecue :)

Also there is some geocaching to do in the area for those into that...

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep me informed if there will be a European get-together :) I live in Belgium (city Hasselt).

Jurphaas

Newly Enlightened
I am definitely interested. One day, weekend, camping, hotel...what ever. A night hike or shoot-out would be great. Showing off is good too! I´m constantly on the look out for `WOW`lights.
Just let me know when and where, but..... I don´t have all the weekends available.....
Jurphaas.

schrenz

Enlightened
push:)

i'm interessted, too. Nice idea (except the NL wins the worl-cup:grin2: , then no German can travel to Nl within the next 10 years)
greets Jens

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep me informed as well. The netherlands is ok but Monaco would be great! :grin2:

Last edited:

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a work related meeting in Berlin on 30 and 31 August. There is some kind of local event there which has tied up hotels after that date.

I am thinking about going to Poland (never have been there) just to look around before the meeting - maybe fly in 4 - 6 days early for misc. reasons.

Thanks

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I can't do much in poland, but if you are willing to travel to the netherlands... :)

last weekend of august would be fine with me...

Interested people so far:
- Winny
- Kiessling
- London Lad
- Erasmus
- Jurphaas
- Schrenz
- Icarus
- HarryN (?)
- MayCooper

If I get 10 people who will come for sure I will set the meeting up.
I'm thinking last weekend of august (friday afternoon to sunday afternoon/evening), campingtrip to North-limburg area in the south of the netherlands (dark at night, nice scenery, not too far from eindhoven airport, public transportation from the rest of the netherlands, belgium and germany is pretty good too). Activities: Night hike, shoot out, mag-throwing, geocaching, barbecue, and more... and maybe a special event t-shirt?? :)

I've found a nice campsite, which also offers a few cabins and caravans to rent, so not really a problem if you can't bring your own campingear...