700 watt xenon arc searchlight - $300

cy

Flashaholic
too bad the seller will not guarantee the light to work. sold as is

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does that mean it didn't work when he tried the 240 volt receptacle behind his kitchen stove?? ;) :whistle:

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if Larry (tvodrd) knows about this. He could add it to his collection of high powered short arc search lights :laughing:

Xzn

Newly Enlightened
LumenHound said:
Does that mean it didn't work when he tried the 240 volt receptacle behind his kitchen stove?? ;) :whistle:
Only if it's an electric range. Gas ranges operate on 120.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daniel, the ballast should operate fine at either frequency. It's possible the ballast was designed to function best at 55 hertz thus making it both 50 and 60 hertz compatible for world wide use.

If the seller has an electric clothes dryer he may have installed a 240 volt-30 amp dryer plug on the power cord, plugged it into the dryer receptacle to test it and found it didn't work.

When it comes to ebay, the sceptic in me equates "untested" to be the same as saying it doesn't work.

In this case I hope I'm wrong and that somebody gets a good deal on their new search light. I looks like one heck of a cool toy.

Click on the blue and red ME icon beside power seller.
She says she has a twenty year old son. When I was twenty I would have been all over that search light in a heartbeat to see what I needed to do to power that bad boy up.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, a month and a half later and the seller and buyer have not left feedback for each other.
If I was the buyer and it worked, I'd be sure to leave great feedback.
I expect there's a good chance this non working light will show up for sale again this summer.

Latest posts