E2 Lithium AA....voltage variations?

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it normal for E2 lithium AA cells to vary in terms of voltage. I have several new packs of 10 that read as 1.81V. Three new packs just purchased today read 1.77V. I rechecked on 4 DMMs for confirmation. Have you found this to be within the nomal variation for this battery?

Note: This does not include any of the batteries I got from Excess Solutions that were DOA or near DOA :mad:

Fieldops

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Read this thread starting at about post 48. It should go a long way toward answering your question. SilverFox is getting a tester specially modified to test L91's and L92's. I imagine he will have some preliminary results by this weekend some time.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks JimH! I'll await the tests. Dissappointing on the Titaniums. I bought 12 of them. I may go back to buying SF 123s as well. I hope the E2 AA lithiums are better from batch to batch. I've had good luck with them generally, but I'm concerned about some of the quirks being reported. Thanks again!

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep an eye out on botac.com. They occasionally have very good deals on Streamlight CR123's (my 1st choice) and Sanyo Cr123's (my second choice). Some people have had bad experiences with Botac, but I have had nothing but good experience. I think it may be a karma thing.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to admit that I have had good luck with them too. They had SF L6s on sale for 149.00 a while back. Everyone laughed at me for ordering...saying...you'll never get it. I had it in 3 days and it works great. Different strokes I guess.