• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: **McGizmo Originals** PR/TK/Aleph 3/5W CYAN, White, Royal Blue PLUS Icarus+Chop

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Hello all,

I figured I'd use this chunk O bandwidth to just spell out my flashaholic dreams and put out a bounty for what is most sought after.....

Im on a relentless pursuit of all manner of McGizmo modifications, specifically PR and PR-T heads, TK bodies, modded SF KL heads with 3W or 5W (especially 5W!!!) Cyan, Royal Blue, or Xtra high flux White (X3T? Y not!). PELICAN M6 MODS on the hit list as well!

Plus, Aleph Aleph Aleph!!!!! Ones and Threes, all Aleph parts in black. 1x 123 bodies, 1.5x123 bodies, Chopped tailcaps, Standard, Trim 22ohms preferred

Aleph LEs, with exclusive high quality emitters as described below. ESPECIALLY sought after are 5W X0, Y0, W0 tints with W or X brightness, S Vf preferred, T also great! Downboys or BB NG 750 or 500 for the 5W (although a single "screamer" may be considered 1000mA for ex.) and 750/917/1000mA for Lux III. Lux IIIs: U-bin always welcome UW0K, UW0J, UY0K, U get the idea. TW0J and TY0H and TX0H are my white Lux III picks.

Now for the FUN PART: CYAN/RB - O - RAMA !!!!!!

I'm particularly bannanas over quality pure cyan hues (no traffic light green), and will exuberantly welcome any offers for complete lights or parts (LEDs/O-sinks) with 3W or ESPECIALLY 5W LEDs! Any type from any modder. Isaac Hayes originals very prized. 5W cyan and royal blue are my pair O Holy Grails of LEDs.... Color bin 2 or 1 preferred for cyan, 488-495nm wavelength. McGizmo Cyan mods are my all time most sought after items. There seem to be quite a few, so somebody has to have them on a shelf or drawer somewhere just beckoning to be used... calling out to THIS thread......

Royal Blue.... DEEP DEEP blue bordering on violet. Color bin 4 or 3 for royal blue is a sweet spot for me, or anything with a numerically lower wavelength. 5W Lambertians a treasure, great as an Aleph LE, Surefire Turbo Tower Module, or sandwich with BB NG or DB

**** and if that wasnt enough (for bankruptcy court proceedings) ****

Any Icarus or Chop modded lights, my 2 favorite modders.... complete lights or just heads. anything goes.

KI-S splash lights, Superflashlight IIIs, Maxabeams, Supernovas, 100W Mag mods, OK that will just about do it!

Please PM or email leads and offers to me at your convenience.....

And thanks for stopping by!

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best of luck to you my friend,

You are about to get your Inbox swamped with Deals :D

You have a PM or two BTW :touche:

Benny

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Re: WTB: **McGizmo Originals** PR/TK/Aleph 3/5W CYAN, White, Royal Blue PLUS Icarus+Chop

You forgot to mention CPF edition LionCubs. :grin2: Black or Natural.

I think he's gone mad with the Cyan Flu. Side affects of Royal Blue are common with this type illness, which usually leads to a Aleph UV McR 19....

:awman: Good luck, get well soon!

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB: **McGizmo Originals** PR/TK/Aleph 3/5W CYAN, White, Royal Blue PLUS Icarus+Chop

Hi Lunarmodule...

OK...
OK...
OK...!:ohgeez:

Just send me all of your money, and I`ll send you all of my McGizmo mods. (Many of which are Cyan and Royal Blue.)

:) :D

Fringe

Enlightened

Lunarmodule,

You keep ascending higher and higher as the King of Acquisitions! You make me want to spend money with abandon and not have a care in the world! I love it! You should write a short story here about how you decided, or how you fell in love with all things flashlight and how it became your ruling obsession. I want to come over to your house and play with all your great toys, and it is a hell of a bonus that you live in HI!

Mini-Moder

Enlightened
Lunar must have stacks of lights in his garage...Good luck with this quest Lunar, cyan/royal are definitely some of the best, and those McGizmo ones are even more amazing...

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
:crackup::twothumbs You felllows are DA KINE good humor.....

Fringe, I live in Hawaii, but the one thing I dont have :sigh: is a garage. The only thing I really miss about my former life on the mainland. The short story about how I came about spending an Earthly fortune on lights is I found CPF quite by accident, by circumstance. I used to be heavily into amateur lasers, DIY projector systems and a crude venture into holography. I also used to scavenge eBay relentlessly searching for lasers and related components. I stumbled across a few references to CPF and I made a note to take a look at it someday... then by fate as I was searching eBay I uncovered RalphRussell's XeVision 50W HID mod to a Costco HID. He made frequent references to CPF and I decided to finally stick my nose in the door and take a peek. Lo and behold there was an entire forum dedicated to amateur lasers with really great personalities contributing material that made it equivalent to a book that you just CANT put down.... just ONE more thread, cmon, one more... tons of useful and informative info, and some great laughs along the way. I was hooked.

I then slowly took exploratory steps towards the rest of the forums, with HID being the most familiar as I had years of previous experience hot rodding automotive lighting systems. 2 years prior to joining CPF, I acquired my first 2 WOW lights: a (new to me, first Id ever seen like it) Surefire L1 Digital Lumamax and a UK Light Cannon 100 10W HID. I was heavily into scuba then so the LC and SF were constant companions, wet or dry. The L1 really blew me away though. My first Luxeon, although I had no idea what the living end a "Luk-seee-un" was anyways. Little did I know it was the one to start an avalanche years later. (still have the little guy)

The last time I remember a heavy flashlight obsession was all the way back in my high school years in the mid 80s when I got the Worlds Most Powerful Flashlight: the mid 80s MagCharger!!! DAMN that thing was BRIGHT!!!! More than anything I had ever seen that I could hold in my hand. I had four of them, always flashing it around for no reason other than to see the blazing trail of the beam slash the darkness, and peer deep into the black spaces to uncover that shrouded by nightfall. It was just utterly amazing how POWERFUL the thing was. Relative to my current lights, it still seems brighter than my x990 does to me now!

So fast forward to modern times, in no time at all I was catapulted into the realm of custom mod lights. My first modded light was an Icarus Mag 2C with Fatman and dimmer pot with 3x TW0J Lux IIIs. I think that light dropped my jaw MUCH harder than the old MagCharger ever did. Still impresses me. I thought Mags were yester-tech, incan was a dinosaur, LEDs were still a very immature technology to be much more than keychain squeezie lights. But that Surefire L1, boy, I tell you.... it was BRIGHT for such a TINY thing, and weightless with its camera battery 123 Lithium cell. Loved the sculpted hi tech look of the machined aluminum bodies, and those LEDs were just insanely bright. What the heck is a Luxeon anyways...?

Next step, and the quantum leap of progression towards bankruptcy occurred with the discovery of EXPENSIVE custom lights. I lurked the McGizmo forums, reading every scrap I could, and pined after what I thought, and still do, think of as the worlds single most awesome flashlight creation: the McLux-III PD. For some reason, bashfulness or something or other it took me months to work up the nerve to meekly post my order in the III-PD thread. One of the most memorable days of my life was the experience of receiving the package that contained not one, but a chrome and slate pair of McLux PDs. I have never enjoyed anything except my motorcycle riding days as much on a regular every day and night basis as I have zinging photons propelled by Lion batteries coupled with a light engine of sorts, be it LED, tungsten filament, or short arc. My sampling of a Fivemega 700L kicked open the doors to the exciting, thrilling, raw power obsessed world of hotwires, with battery to bulb matching, and lumens lumens lumens being the order of the day. But at its core, the root fascination with lights has always been around things tiny and bright, and in this regard LEDs rule the roost. Lately, bored with conventional offerings, I discovered the allure of colored Luxeons, more Mag mods, more LEDs, more McGizmo. It is there I discover that Mr. McLeish has quite a pedigree in monochrome experiments and very innovative tinkerings, and I also have been bewitched by the inexplicable allure of a pure cyan.

A recent acquisition of a McGizmo light that I once saw featured in a thread here on CPF has just made me out of this world happy, and like all good flashaholics, I keep coming back to the trough for another round of the "good stuff". Bartender, 5W bin 1 cyan side emitter for me, on a Surefire turbo module in a T2 head, with a Tranquility Base 2x 18650 body on the rocks, or words to that effect.

So, bring on the good stuff. I'm not made of money, dont have a money tree in my backyard or a printing press in the basement cranking out funny money. Not a jet setter or a champagne taster. Just love my light engines. I used to be sworn allegiance only to collimated light (lasers). I've loosed the restrictions and let some lumens in to join the party. And its a rockin party! Please DONT offer me lights with unobtainium pricing. I'm certainly not made of money and the dump trucks arent littering my front yard with the dirty paper. I'm stating an intention to seek out and hopefully acquire some rare lights, but I dont abide by and dislike price gouging. I've sold some of my best stuff to new owners at close to break even or even at a considerable loss sometimes, because there's a certian pleasure in passing the mantle so to speak of something rare and unique. One of my best sales was a Havis-Shields 35W HID light to a fellow who went gonzo over his first "superlight" experience, thrilled to the Nth degree at acquiring so much photon firepower. And selling my Surefire M6, to one of the coolest characters I have ever encountered and have since become good friends with, whose experience with that light strongly echoed mine: it became, immediately and without question or doubt, THE reference standard of excellence in a flashlight beam. Really cool to pass along those potential experiences, with the light being the gizmo that makes it happen.

SO I seek out those cyan and royal blue and whatever unusual creations that may be out there, gathering dust on a shelf or trapped in the relentless gloom of a darkened desk drawer or enshrouded in some soft cloth somewhere, calling out for a new home and a new kind of life....

Searching, searching........

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Help? BLG, you made a dream into reality with that cyan McGizmo special! The GITD sheeting material around the tail is a nice touch. Where do you find such an animal? Better yet, as a bonus could you send me some in the mail? Enough to do quite a few lights? I REALLY like it. The soft set adhesive is friendly, too. Grips just the right amount! Tritium, Schmitium! Who needs it? On second thought, anything that flouresces gets my attention.... Im a simple creature that way!

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, that reminds me, I've got a Pelican light with an X bin in it gathering dust.
I don't even remember the specs. Pretty sad, isn't it?

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Fringe said:
Lunarmodule,

You make me want to spend money with abandon and not have a care in the world! I love it! You should write a short story here about how you decided, or how you fell in love with all things flashlight and how it became your ruling obsession.

Fringe, that is one of the most unusual and highly prized compliments I have ever been paid, thank you kindly for those thoughts. As per your request I wrote a little autobiography here as to how I came about CPF and the root cause of my flashaholism. At the beginning of my adult life my ruling obsession was always something automotive: I lived for my car(s). Rather eat rice for a month but have the latest closed loop speed density fuel injection system around to tinker with is a snapshot picture of my history with regard to saving money vs spending it on "frivilous self-indulgence" i.e. the buy high and sell low approach to lose money fast: get a hobby interest!

I just love the way you worded that, especially the first sentence. Should have it printed up on a personal card. Correction: I do not aspire the throne nor title of King of Acquisitions, merely content to be a court jester, or perhaps just the village idiot. ;)

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Hi Fred! Welcome to my offbeat WTB thread! JUMPING GEEEE HOZIPHAT a Pelican M6 mod is on my dream light list. Yeppers, X-modded was very popular some time ago. Recently saw Lambda had one for sale, an X3T 5W Pelican, but I missed it (SIGH). Sending email, although there's a puddle of tears near the computer B/C you havent answered my UW0J grovelling email, gotta be careful around 120VAC and salty tears dontcha know! :)

Fringe

Enlightened

Lunermodule,

Thanks so much for seeing that statement as the compliment that I intended. You truly do drive me to buy, buy, buy!
Thanks too for the very insiteful and enjoyable history leason as to how you became such a flashaholic. I personally relate to how you found your love in the high end stuff with your acquisition of the PD. I too really lost it all once I got this jewel in the mail, and to think that I only had a Surefire E2e for like a month or two before I got it! After that I was buying PDs for me and others like they were going to be gone in a matter of days. I have since liqudated all but my chrome and still hold dear my III-T(almost thought about getting the shinned one that just jumped up for sale again). I am really excited about the Ti PD and this is why most of my standards are gone. I feel a little like I am buying too much right now and need to just sit back and enjoy what I have, but it is so damn hard when you think the oportunity will be gone for good!
Good luck with your journey and I look forward to reading about your acquisitions!
Best.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I could buy just a few of the things you have! Or have the money to build them! (my favorite way, as I can custom put in each thing I want, how I want it) There is something more to the Alephs/SF's etc than just light. The form factor, shapes, etc they just look so cool. Closest light I have like that is the Fenix L1P. I love to just look at it and hold in my hand. (no jokes please) :)

My Mag's are very functional but large and not that artistic/cool looking. But I do get to have both high brightness/drive levels AND good runtime due to larger cells. Great for keeping around the house or taking them with you when you know you'll need them.

With that said I'd love to build a Aleph1 NAT w/UW0J or TX0H @ 700ma w/FB3 & 2 NiMH AA's. That light wouldn't be a "monster" like my mags, but still throw pretty far and be bright, a good inbetween the mags and my EDC ArcAAA :) It would be a semi-edc if that makes sense. An Aleph3 w/cyan would replace my 2C cyan monster, as the beam is just about as tight as the mag reflector.

I have a bag of mag spare parts from doing led mods. I need to count the number of of them and see how many mags I've modified over the past. It's gotta be at least around 20!! Since I first started there are now much nicer parts that make it easier and a cleaner better mod. (o-sink, and teflon wire). Both of those make a cleaner and better mod. I wish that stuff was around when I first started modding (well teflon was, but didn't know about it!), but if you wanted to build you had to make due! (I remember the burnt fingers from grinding down aluminum on the grinder to make C sized heatsinks, lol)

If I had space to house a car and engine stand, I'd be building up a car as well. :)

-- Back on topic, hi-jackers begone! :) j/k

If you need something built PM me. In less than a week I will be thining the herd of my true cyan luxeons (emitters and stars) stock. I could build a light with one if you wanted. Sub_Umbra will be receiving a 3C mag w/S1JC (490-495nm) cyan LuxIII this week I just built for him. I also have cyan that looks even less greener than my S1JC too, but not quite as blue as the 2C I recently built. BTW cyan bin 2 is 495-500nm. Did that get confusing enough? LOL.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lunarmodule said:
Hi Fred! Welcome to my offbeat WTB thread! JUMPING GEEEE HOZIPHAT a Pelican M6 mod is on my dream light list. Yeppers, X-modded was very popular some time ago. Recently saw Lambda had one for sale, an X3T 5W Pelican, but I missed it (SIGH). Sending email, although there's a puddle of tears near the computer B/C you havent answered my UW0J grovelling email, gotta be careful around 120VAC and salty tears dontcha know! :)

Ah, that is very true. It doesn't hurt to let people grovel for a while. :lolsign:

Actually, I've just been letting the dust settle to see how many I really have l left before writing you. But I do intend to get back to you on those, especially since you seem interested in the Pelican, too. I think that swirl may be back on the table, if you still have it. :D