Kewl AirportMonitor website (LIVE!!)

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had this website on my homepage for a couple of years and realized I should post a link for you guys. It tracks all the airplanes that are flying around my area (and maybe yours) by showing moving plane icons and the altitude etc of the flight#

Pretty kewl access.

www.passur.com/sites.htm

LaserFreak

Enlightened
Does anyone else think it's not such a good idea to make this kind of info public? I mean...I know it's intended for public access...but what could the general public use this information for?

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
LaserFreak said:
Does anyone else think it's not such a good idea to make this kind of info public? I mean...I know it's intended for public access...but what could the general public use this information for?
In a big city area such as San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland these planes can sometimes get off track. Pilots flight where or when they're not suppose to fly. It's nice to be able to see exactly who it is and what they are doing if we need to call someone to help or reprimand the pilots.

These planes also fly right over my house at certain times of the day. They are high enough so it is not really noticable but every now and they they fly lower. I've watched the altitudes and found out when they begin to become an audible nuisance.

That's why I bookmarked the site on my home page.

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a major route directly above my house used by arrivals heading to LAX from the east. You can hear them regularly every few mins.