Kuala Lumpur flashlight enthusiast get-together?

samosaurus

Newly Enlightened
Greetings and a "Hello" from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.. I am new to the flashlight scene and would like to introduce myself. The name's Sam and I work for an English Daily in Malaysia as a feature writer. I have plenty of use for flashlights and carry a Surefire L-1 on a daily basis.. Just want to know if there are any members here in Kuala Lumpur that organises a regular get-together.. I'm very keen on meeting up.. Appreciate the feedback and thank you so much in advance..

toysz_3_med.jpg

My daily carry lights.. :naughty:

Regards,

Sam

Last edited:

nexro

Enlightened
Hi Sam,

Welcome to CPF :)
Nice lights you have there...

I reside in KL and have a bunch of flashaholic friends. We don't get together much but I do occasionally meet some of them just to pass them some stuff :) Perhaps you can organise a meeting, I'm pretty sure many of us will turn up :wave:

flashgreenie

Enlightened
greetings, I am from PJ even though I don't live in Malaysia anymore. Just so happens to be here in Malaysia at the moment for vacation. Would be cool to catch up with some fellow flashaholics... :sold:

samosaurus

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome.. I'm not really big on flashlights and was actually a member of this forum under a different username some years back.. I collect and use knives and I must say that I have more sharp things rather than the bright ones.. Speaking of a get-together, my schedule is purty free on next Saturday.. Maybe we can hook up for lunch.. That way, I can formally introduce myself..

e1bm_2med.jpg

I use to toy around by switching body parts..

Gear_13_11_med_5.jpg

I carry at least two flashlights daily - incandescant and non-incandescant

Gear_13_11_med_2.jpg

When it comes to high-performance lights, I am a sucker for Surefires..

Gear_13_11_med_1.jpg

Lately, I've developed a fetish for headlamps..

Sam

Last edited:

a99raptors

Enlightened
Samo, you are definitely not a newbie :) You got some cool lights I am drooling over... pant pant....

Uh.... you wanna sell any of those Surefires..?
(Yep, another SF fanatic here!)

samosaurus

Newly Enlightened
a99raptors said:
Samo, you are definitely not a newbie :) You got some cool lights I am drooling over... pant pant....

Uh.... you wanna sell any of those Surefires..?
(Yep, another SF fanatic here!)

Dude ~ I've disposed of a coupla Surefires sometime back. Wished we could have met earlier.. :awman: Anyways, thanks for yer warm welcome.. :rock:

Sam

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there samosaurus,

I'm from ampang and actually just joined this forum. Its good to hear that there are some enthusiast in and around KL. In fact, I do use alot of lites in my work and I owned a number of maglites (Solitaire, 2AA, 2AAA, 4D) until a few days ago when I stumbled across the Surefire models at Great Eastern Mall looking for some maglite bulbs. After deliberating for a few days,I bought the E1L as I wanted to test an LED lite. And I'm hooked on them.
I'm just wondering where is the best shop in KL for accessories?

Thanks.........

morituri

Newly Enlightened
Hi samo,

Bladeforums not exciting enough for you ;-)

Jumpstart, I'm based in Ampang as well. Don't bother buying anything from KL shops -- they are way overpriced. Look to eBay for bargains or check out the dealers who hang around here at CPF. I recommend Lighthound -- his prices are reasonable and he ships to Malaysia without charging an arm and a leg for shipping.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there morituri,

Where in Ampang are u located? I myself is located at Dataran Ukay off Hulu Klang. You mentioned shipping is this service door to door? Is there alot of hassle to purchase online? What sort of tax charges we can expect if importing...?

Thanks again......

Takashilee

Newly Enlightened
Hi! every1. I'm new. Is good to find some flashlight collectors in Malaysia. Recently, i am doing research on the web for lights and bumped into this amazing flashlight - G&P Scorpion Series R500. On the reveiw on www.flashlightreviews.com it shows a great results from the experts. Even checked on this forum and found out many already purchase the flashlight. The users are happy with the outcome.

For me, I'm going to get one soon online.

Jumpstat:

Thanks for the info. Other than Surefire u saw in Great Eastern Mall, is there any other brands there?

Takashilee

Newly Enlightened
Is located at LG floor in Great Eastern(GE) Mall. Near Cold Storage. Once you go down the escalator, you will see it. The shop name is Hardware ...

nizambest

Newly Enlightened
Hi all.. smell like roti canai here.. hehe.. well what relief for me. luckily some1 redirected me to this thread..thanx brian im newbie here.just sign up after surf this CPF for a long time. way back in '04..what took me so long time? i dunno..
well i just get it start all over again.. actually just bought new 1 G2. owed A2, L1, E1L previously, but stolen... huhuh :(.. if i ever get who did this 2 me.. sure i cut what ever i can cut. erm.. can i borrow something from u samosaurus ? hehe..

again.relief.at last.

just curious.. did someone like ur g/f, mom, dad, or friends ever call u maniac, gila lampu or such thing to u? it happen to me... my g/f monitor my c/card . just to make sure i never buy anthing related to torch!!..
-other people r not like us.they Never Understand. right?

BrianChan

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, my dad calls me a freak, gf calls me gila babi! But guess what?

Now she uses my HDS U60, specifies what brightness level she wants to operate the light at, tells me the next light I give to her in the future must be incan, specifies the beam pattern for it, and asks me to get one for her dad too. I guess staying at the villages in Kelantan helps. :p

Takashilee

Newly Enlightened
Guys, can tell me what's the difference between smooth reflector and OP-type reflector? I came across this in lumapower - D-mini. tq

paskal

Newly Enlightened
Welcome NizamBest, i found your nick before at the other forums. But i forgot which forums. Is it ??