Fakes, Frauds, and Fallacies - your input requested!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All!

I'm adding a new page to FlashlightReviews.com called "Fakes, Frauds, and Fallacies" to help keep my readers (and you all!) informed of BS products or totally BS claims made by products out on the market. I would appreciate your help with populating the page!

If you have encountered a blatently (and I REALLY mean BLATENTLY fake product or deceptive advertising), please drop me an E-MAIL with information about the product, where it was purchased, how much it cost, and pictures of the "problem". I'd love to add it to the page!

PLEASE don't post the information here - send it to me in an e-mail!

ALSO: this will NOT be a "cheers and jeers" type of page charged with emotion just to give people a place to vent! I'm looking for facts supported by evidence. I've already put some examples on the page; you can use them for reference. Note that I WON'T necessarily add the vendor that you purchased the product from (I don't want to get sued!) but rather information about the product and why people should avoid it no matter where they encounter it.

Fakes, Frauds, and Fallacies

It is also accessible from the Features menu at the top of the site.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Doug P.
FlashlightReviews.com

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a helluva idea, almost everyone has been bit by something along those lines. This will be handy.

The Porcupine

Enlightened
Great idea! There is so much shameless crap on the market today! Saw a couple yesterday. Hopefully I can sneak around to shoot a pic, since I ain't buying them!:D

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Kinda makes me want to add a page like that on my website, but then I'd be a copycat...
Better hit the "Easy" button instead (take off on that OfficeMax commercial). ;)

greenLED

Flashaholic
Nicely done, Q'beam. All those lights with 400 hours of runtime should go there.
Craig, you do have your Toilet section already. ;)

jtice

Flashaholic
Great Idea Doug,

Heck, if anything, we will get a laugh out of some of these,
some are getting rather ludicrous lately.

~John

savumaki

Enlightened
An excellant idea long overdue :rock:.

It will help not to get taken by some of the more obvious lies out there (7-10-plus watt led) among others.

Neat bit of deception with the shake light.

Hello CPF, lets contribute!

K A

Enlightened
At my last job the manager (market manager for our area) had ordered a case of fake shakelights for each of the stores. This was several months ago that this happened and he didn't know they were fake.. He just thought they would be a neat selling item. I did notice that the lights were being powered by coin cells but didn't have the heart to tell him. The stores are closed now thanks to Corporate.