• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: LDO^3 800 Driver with Cyan Lux I -- $40

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it is theTo Die For Cyan Lux I emitter mounted on the LDO^3 driver.

The LDO^3 driver is a linear drop-out driver that can use rechargeable CR123s. The drive current is about 790 - 820 mA, so this will be driving the Lux I pretty hard for maximum lumen output.

You can use primary CR123s with this driver also, as the Vf of the Lux I is only an H bin.

This sandwich is .55" in diameter and .300" tall, not counting the emitter. In short, this is your standard size sammy and will fit a wide variety of lights, including the Groovy.

Price: $40, postpaid to the U.S. Foreign orders, please add $2. Thanks.

PayPal cash to: paycashpal (@) photonfanatic.com
or
PayPal credit card to: fanatic (@) photonfanatic.com

Thanks.

Last edited:

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
I bought both the Nexgen 500 and these LDO3 Andrew Wynn Rouse originals, and I must say after direct comparison the LDO3 is a true high performance converter. It does drive the cyan Lux I hard, taking a bit of a toll on my RCR2 cells in my FF2 that I use with one of them, but the drive level creates a very desirable color shift towards the blue end of the spectrum and away from traffic light green. At 500mA with the NexGen the Q2H is pleasant, very nice to look at. But DONT compare it at 750mA or higher, because you will see a much more pure cyan hue that, at least to my tastes, makes all else undesirable, its hard to go back to the greener 500mA.

I take great pride in seeing the LDO3. Andrew Rouse I am honored to call my friend and seeing his ideas make the transition from cutting edge innovative concept to tangible reality in the form of finished product I can use creates a sense of satisfaction for me. The fact that this really unique sammie happens to propel photons from my favorite cyan generator Q2H makes me all warm and fuzzy. Congrats Andrew, no small accomplishment! You perpetually amaze me, what you can do in spite of what tries to limit you. You are certainly a winner. Cheers!

I might have to get one more of these, Fred, could you send me a Paypal invoice?

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Photon...I'll take one! Incoming PM...

PJD

Edit...PayPal sent!

Last edited:

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Glad to see this thread back to life. They should be sold out by now. Ive got a dozen of these Q2H emitters and this sammie setup is the best cyan hue I've seen yet out of them. Thanks Fred for the PP! Like inverse I'll take its, then sending paypal. In this case I called out to the digital ether, released my intention of wanting to make a LDO^3 Q2H appear, and if by divine force after some time elapses a mysterious *PING* into my emailbox! Yay! Fred, you are world class, my friend. I sincerely appreciate ALL, especially the heart attack I got when I read the bin code on the back of that pair of luxIIIs you added on to my last order. I cannot recall a nicer or larger shock to my system in a LONG time, Mr. U-bin!

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
PhotonFanatic said:
New shipment of LDO^3 drivers has arrived, so these are available once again. :D

Guys don't let these Lux 1's fool you...........they are BRIGHT....Like Oh My GOD BRIGHT. I'm running one at around 900mah in a "C" Mag and everytime I light it up it puts a smile :) on my face. I brought this light to my local CPF get together and people where amazed at how bright these are.

Mac

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
cmacclel said:
Guys don't let these Lux 1's fool you...........they are BRIGHT....Like Oh My GOD BRIGHT. I'm running one at around 900mah in a "C" Mag and everytime I light it up it puts a smile :) on my face. I brought this light to my local CPF get together and people where amazed at how bright these are.

Mac

Nah, they aren't that bright, come on...

...just kidding. :p

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
s.duff said:
i' be down for one. there are still more available, right?

Yes, I just received more LDO^3 drivers, so I can make up at least ten of these for now. I actually have more than 10 drivers, but I'm thinking of putting some blue Lux Is on these as well. :D