Brunton Glorb LED VS River Rock/Osram?

LeDfLaShEr

Newly Enlightened
I recently noticed a store I frequent stocking a large number of Brunton Glorb LED lanterns. It appears smaller than the River Rock with fold-out legs like the Osram.

Just curious if anyone owns the glorb and a River Rock/Osram (or all three) and can give some comparison shots.

The price isn't that great ($20) so I'm not inclined to buy one to experiment but I'm curious if it's even worth the 20 buck price.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't supply beamshots (plenty on this forum), but at least some information. The Brunton Glorb is in the same body as the Osram Golden Dragon. It is smaller than the River Rock and has the neat foldout legs as well. However, it uses 4 5mm LEDs so its output and beam quality are inferior to either of the others. A plus is the two level output like the Osram.

IMO, best value is the River Rock at $20. One downside is the the lack of two output levels. It has a strobe function which most of us have not found very useful.

Best overall is the Osram. Smaller, with foldout legs and two levels. Smoother beam than the River Rock with similar output. About $40 and sometimes tough to find as they are not sold in the US directly. (Yet?).

Mark

eagle2006

Newly Enlightened
I found the RR lanterns to be a great value! Nice for power outages.
I've found the Bruntons run a bit more $.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flash_Gordon said:
Best overall is the Osram. Smaller, with foldout legs and two levels. Smoother beam than the River Rock with similar output. About $40 and sometimes tough to find as they are not sold in the US directly. (Yet?).

Mark

I believe Lighthound is carrying them. Not on the site at the moment tho.

I agree that the Osram is overall best; small, fairly bright, 2 levels and the legs are a nice thing to have.

Last edited: