My friend was driving when he suddenly heard a loud POP and the car was filled with a really pungent smell so bad that he had to get out of the car.
Turns out that the SL Scorpion he was wearing on his belt sorta exploded, actually its the Panasonic CR123A batteries in it. The batts are all blacken and the flashlight interior was covered with a layer of black substance. The flashlight lens cracked from the impact/pressure/whatever.
Amazingly, the light still works and the bulb is ok. The only damage is the lens, I guess its from the pressure.
He done nothing strange to the light before the incident, just normal regular usage. I wonder why it happened.
Is the smell and the black substance toxic?