Surefire E2e Lamps, finally one burned out!

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is always alot of talk about how long Surefire Lamps last. From my experience a LONG time.

Here is a story some of you might be interested in and some background info.

I am a supervisor of an Environmental Safety & Security team at a large Semiconductor Company. We have a team of eight Security Coordinators and another 20 Emergency Response team members. We respond to Medical related incidents and Hazmat Incidents.

A little over three years ago I convinced the campany to dump the 3D cell Maglights we'd been using and buy the eight Security coordinators & myself Surefire E2e flashlights. (I didn't take much convincing when the facts and need was laid out.)

Today in the three years these nine E2e's have been in constant use, I replaced the third lamp.

Two of the three lamps were damaged by the same guy who is always dropping his E2e from a height, when turned on.

But today was special, one of the guys(night shift) finally burned a lamp out!

Crazy as it sounds I finally said too myself FINALLY we burned out a lamp from use!

One out of nine over a three year period.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
Send this along to Surefire for their true stories. With a little flourish you could get $100 for your next SF light... Nice to know I may never need to reach for that spare MA02 bulb sitting on my desk within the next few years.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Cool story. How many hours would you guess these lamps had on them? Do you use rechargeables?

Their was also quite a difference in runtime between the E2E and G2 I owned. It seemed like I'd get maybe a little over a half hour of runtime with the G2 and stock P60 while the MN03 in my E2E would just keep going and going.

You wouldn't think that is so, because the current drain is not much less for the MN03 compared to the P60, but maybe the P60 requires more initial power to turn it on.

Last edited: