• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Status of Pacific Accessory Tubes

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
scuba said:
Are they already available in brass? Thinking the CR2 body...

Yes they are in brass. I have all the tubes in brass (2 complete sets) Very nicely done.

I was also wondering about the HA tubes.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tin

If they are not available and if you are wanting to run some test then PM me and I will ship you out a complete set. 2 complete sets if your wanting to run two sets of test.

MagLED II

Newly Enlightened
When i ordered my HAIII Pacific i was able to order a AA pocket battery tube as well. I suggest calling PEAK. thats how i was able to order the tube.

Last edited:

RobynS

Newly Enlightened
Good morning,

All of the HA battery tubes for the Pacific will be available and on our website by Friday, if not sooner.

Robyn

zoot

Newly Enlightened
I never take Peak's "available by" announcements seriously.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
RobynS said:
Good morning,

All of the HA battery tubes for the Pacific will be available and on our website by Friday, if not sooner.

Robyn

OK, stupid me was assuming you meant this Friday, as in yesterday. Obviously, that was not the case, so what's the new prediction?

jburgett

Newly Enlightened
I called and ordered via phone, and received my AA keychain body in HAIII three days ago. I really like the versatility of switching bodies as desired.

P.S. I could post a size comparison to an L1P if anyone is interested.

Also, I wonder when the Kino Bay will get an electronics update?

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
jburgett said:
I called and ordered via phone, and received my AA keychain body in HAIII three days ago. I really like the versatility of switching bodies as desired.

P.S. I could post a size comparison to an L1P if anyone is interested.

Also, I wonder when the Kino Bay will get an electronics update?

I would like to see a picture of the size comparison, get a good idea of the size of the Pacific.

With the Pacific regulator, I can see a Kino Bay HO and Ultra coming out soon. Maybe 250ma for the HO and 400mA for the Ultra?

buba

Newly Enlightened
BentHeadTX said:
I would like to see a picture of the size comparison, get a good idea of the size of the Pacific.

With the Pacific regulator, I can see a Kino Bay HO and Ultra coming out soon. Maybe 250ma for the HO and 400mA for the Ultra?

I would like to see it in the C123 Glaicer Bay setup. Should get some long run times out of a CR123 or RCR123

jburgett

Newly Enlightened
Here is a size comparison of the Peak Pacific and the Fenix L1P:
(NOTE: this is the Keychain body with the Stainless momentary)

pacific_fenix.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks jburgett,
Now I know what to do with my MillerMods L1P holster. :) Do you have any problems with the momentary switch turning the light on/off while in your pocket?

jburgett

Newly Enlightened
BentHeadTX said:
Do you have any problems with the momentary switch turning the light on/off while in your pocket?

Yes, as you can see it is not protected or shrouded. The AA body is so long, that in my jeans pocket it is likely to turn on. With the AAA body, the Pacific is shorter, and is less likely to activate. The momentary switch is also prone to flicker, and gets worse over time. I suspect the buildup of tarnish on the brass contact is partially to blame.

I am hoping that a shrouded momentary switch with gold-plated contacts and lanyard attachment may someday be available. Oh, and shorter too!

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
jburgett said:
Yes, as you can see it is not protected or shrouded. The AA body is so long, that in my jeans pocket it is likely to turn on. With the AAA body, the Pacific is shorter, and is less likely to activate. The momentary switch is also prone to flicker, and gets worse over time. I suspect the buildup of tarnish on the brass contact is partially to blame.

I am hoping that a shrouded momentary switch with gold-plated contacts and lanyard attachment may someday be available. Oh, and shorter too!

Jburgett,
I am thinking about taking a die and cutting threads in the sholder of the switch. Screw on a stainless steel pipe fitting (or whatever) and loc-tite it on. Viola! Shrouded switch that won't be accidentally activated.