A2 came.. YAAAY! what next?!

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
WOW! I looove my A2! I have soo many stories about it in just the day I've had it!!!

soo.. whats next? I'm looking for the brightest and smallest... probably looking for throw mostly, cuz i most use the incandescent mode on the A2 spotlighting from high up (soooo fun)

soo, whats the most AMAZING light you own? If you only had one light to "shock and awe" non flashaholics, which would it be?

ummm... guess thats two questions...

thanks a LOT guys, now my life has meaning. I can see in the DAAaaAARK!!!!!

PS I felt safe walking around nassau last night because I knew if anyone tried to attack me and take my wallet i could blind him with my A2 and beat him to death with my shoe.

Happy easter.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sgaterboy said:
PS I felt safe walking around nassau last night because I knew if anyone tried to attack me and take my wallet i could blind him with my A2 and beat him to death with my shoe.

Good choice with the A2. Be careful about over-confidence in such a situation, it could could get you killed. :)

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
Its not overconfidence.... Its mad flashlight skillz, yo!

yeah I'm pretty sure I could handle anything that came at me with the A2. unless maybe he had a m6, which is doubtful. most muggers in nassau only carry around dippy little maglites (glad I'm soo past THAT stage of my life >.<)

anyhoo, my friend pointed out that he might take the flashlight from me and use it on me, but i think that wouldnt really be a problem because even if he managed to catch me by surprise and wrestle it from my death-grip, he probably wouldnt be smart enough to beat me with his shoe.

I'm banking on that particular situation being resolved by him being so inspired by the beauty of the light that he'll realize his evil ways and turn his life around. and give me everything he had stolen that night. and I'd sell it all on ebay and buy my next light. . . which will be a...

ya, the M6 looks great, but its a little big. I guess I wasnt completely clear on what i was looking for :-D

I'm thinking... something that will fit in my pocket, run off of two to three 123 batteries, and be super bright...

price is a little bit of an issue (but not too much since i recently found out if i spend more than 6% of my gross adjusted income on flashlights I can deduct it from my taxes!)

I dunno, I dont want to turn this too much into a "what lights best for me" thread cuz i can read through the forums as well as the next person. I was just wondering if anyone could think of one light that "normal people" could appreciate. ya know, "wow, THAT bright from THAT small?!"

my A2 kinda has wow factor to it, but only when spotlighting at night. my friends two AA led light she got for 7 bucks at target is as bright as my A2 up close (fresh batts, of course)

regulated incandescent means nothing to the unenlightened (HAHAAAA I used that phrase!!!)

anyhoo... I talk too much.

super bright, a few 123s. and not too much larger than my a2. preferably smaller.
I'm thinking c3 or 9p, but am not sure the extra brightness willl be worth it (bright lamps, of course;-)). maybe the 8nx?

anything similar from other companies you can recommend?

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
ooh.. letters :-D

sad part is, I understood it :-(

Now I'm off to find out someone whosdont it and how bright it would be!

have you had good luck sticking that head on the one cell light?

Delvance

Enlightened
How abouts...

G2/6P/C2/M2
with
Digilight DRB-9V HP (get the extra efficient version that draws 0.8 amps)
2 protected rechargeable 123 LIon cells
UCL (ultra clear lens, made of glass to resist melting)
DSD charger (to charge those LIons)

That gives you a rechargeable 2 cell light that has the output of the SF 3 cell lights. ~40 minutes runtime.

BeamJunkie

Newly Enlightened
Sgaterboy.....is the gator from the Florida Gators?.......and are you of any relations to the Gulfflight? Just wondering if I know ya.......BeamJunkie

SCblur

Enlightened
If you want brightness and throw, my vote goes to the Streamlight TL-3. Great price at around $40-60, very bright and white, and throws like crazy for a stock light. Congrats on your new A2, glad you enjoy it. Also, welcome to CPF.

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
BeamJunkie said:
Sgaterboy.....is the gator from the Florida Gators?.......and are you of any relations to the Gulfflight? Just wondering if I know ya.......BeamJunkie

hmmm.... the gater is a play on the screenname "skaterboy"... I use it on a million other web pages.

I DID get the A2 cuz I heard that it might have the capability to light up the entire tailsection of a mighty BE1900D, If thats what yer getting at
thinking.gif

Last edited:

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
Delvance said:
How abouts...

G2/6P/C2/M2
with
Digilight DRB-9V HP (get the extra efficient version that draws 0.8 amps)
2 protected rechargeable 123 LIon cells
UCL (ultra clear lens, made of glass to resist melting)
DSD charger (to charge those LIons)

That gives you a rechargeable 2 cell light that has the output of the SF 3 cell lights. ~40 minutes runtime.

Ooh... good idea :) I wish money wasn't so expensive... do you really need the lens tho?

also, the drbs seem to be on back order from digilight, and nobody else can really guarantee that i would get the low amp version
icon9.gif

worth a little more research, tho :)

BeamJunkie

Newly Enlightened
Hmmmm........yes.....that's exactly what I'm getting at! Like a mighty BE1900D with a blue globe on the tail and a few with some 80's disco blue and red pin stripes? AKA's YV's! TPA? FLL-PBI-MIA? EYW? Or have you been seduced by the EMB-120 Dark Side?

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
hmm.... you do realize that upon reading this dozens of flashaholics will immediately open up google to get their hands on the new emb-120 flashlights and its younger sibling the BE1900D (FA not included on most models, GPS and EET extra on models designated YV)

I'm thinking a SF 9p is about right... Itll fulfill the D cell or equivalent requirement while still fitting in my bag. and I read on another thread that its as bright as headlights :)

Last edited:

BeamJunkie

Newly Enlightened
Ah yes.....the imfamous outdated D Cell requirement (not a prerequisite for us 121 drivers.....oops.....don't do a google search for a 121 PCB driver....they don't exist). Doesn't the 9P use 3 123's. If you want a k&@kass 2 D Cell to have just in case an old school FAA Rep want's to challenge your night ops capabilities, you might want to keep an eye on the MillerMods 2 D Cell TriLux coming soon to a CPF near you.

By the way, do you power your winged chariot with your right gun or your left gun?

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking into HDCs... thanks for the sugestion.

as far as the FAA rep goes... semantics says that the reg says "D cell or EQUIVALENT" and sure, my A2 is EQUIVALENT to a 9 D cell flashlight :naughty: or so...

also, theres always the 91 repos and the 135 charters. We do it all :rock:

Alas, I am one of the unlucky few who will use the A2s LEDs far more for their 8 CAM illumination function than their W&B(
icon1.gif
) tasklight function :sssh: , if that answers your question about guns. . .

BeamJunkie

Newly Enlightened
Oh this is gettin good my Mysterious Avian Friend!

121.549 says "a flashlight that is in good working order" which leads you to use your professional opinion on aeronautical illumination. But of course 91 and 135 charters are a way of the Gulfflight, however, those unusual snipets of our daily toll are op spec'd under our primary 121 certificate. Either way, I'm of a sound mind to adopt the "equivalent" philosophy as well and have a beautiful red 2005 CPF Peak Special in my leather air saddle bag that will outshine a 4 D cell mag and fits comfortably in my pocket.

Yes.......8 Cam illumination......answers two questions!

1.) You power your winged chariot with your left gun and you greet your always cautiously hesitant guests at the vertical entrance to the sky.

2.) And, you have a unique opportunity (within the realm of our winged coat of arms) to use your pocket light saber on a blistery cold night at FL230 to validate the existence of lift robbing drag producing arctic articles having their way with your winglets.

We must meet my mysteriously winged brother and share our sick addictions. I have several prop driven companions that would quickly take you under their wing and welcome you to the ways of the Flashaholic Cult. We're a rare breed but we're obviously not alone and closer than one would expect.

Look for me my winged illuminatus friend in the Cumulonimbus Battle Field in the days to come. I have been known to reside in the west and not that of the Key variety, I frequent a W&B with photons for accuracy, and I shelter an ARC AAA behind my Badge of Arms.

Our meeting will be an honor and will bring good light to our dark underworld.

Until next time........

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
crackup.gif

And you shall know me by my ability to photon the unelightened's W&Bs and, of course, ma A2 AVIATOR :naughty:

whassa red cpf peak special?!?! sounds like a cpf'er modded gadget :popcorn: tell me more!

(I could search but know that CPFrs like to talk about their lights :naughty: )

BeamJunkie

Newly Enlightened
Howdy winged illuminator! A CPF 2005 Special is a brilliantly beautiful pocket rocket made by Peak Led.....www.peakledsolutions.com.......It was offered to CPF'ers as a unique Maroon/Red version with the engraved 2005 CPF Special on the body. This little gem screams out light for it's size. You can no longer get the special version of this light but you can still get a regular version as the Rainer. If your a fan of clicky's this is not the light for you, however. I purchased it more as a collectors item and to impress my friends with pocket sized beam throwers......and it throws for an LED. Check it out.....talk to you soon!