Malkoff

Thread: prevent static cling to eyeglasses lens ?

Default prevent static cling to eyeglasses lens ?

My eyeglasses lens attract alot of static dust during the day. Is there a way to prevent static cling? I have to wash the lens several times a day. It can cause the anti-reflective coating to wear off.

For the guys who wear glasses , what do you do to prevent static cling to lenses?
    Admiral of Starfleet Special Operation Forces. We are the vanguard of the Federation against hostile forces.

Default Re: prevent static cling to eyeglasses lens ?

I use a cleaner called Pro Lens Cleaner. Bottle says anti-fog/anti-static for glass and plastic lenses. Comes in a 6oz bottle. I use it with one of those micro fiber lens cloths. It's called Pro Clears micro-miracle cloth for clean lenses.
    You, sir, are an ambisexual walnut. - Bloom County

That's the problem I'm experiencing too. See Clear seems to work—for a little while.
    LUX'Ottica

The anti-static sprays for CRT monitors work by leaving an electrically conductive film, which would probably also work for glasses.

Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyurl.com/8zu5t

I clean my glasses by opening a cold water tap with a very slow flow so that the water is close to room temperature, and then I slightly tap the top of a dish detergent bottle with my index finger, getting a *very* slight amount of detergent on the tip which I then smear a bit between finger and thumb. I then run the water over the lenses and very gently distribute the detergent on the lenses, rinsing it off as I go. It usually takes about 2 seconds or so for each lens. It removes all traces of dirt and skin oils which attract dust. I then dry with a single facial tissue. I'm positive that little or no wear or damage occurs to the lens or the anti-glare coating.

I have been told to use "liquid fabric softner" on TV screen to stop static.

should work on eye glasses to.

regards.
    Intellicharge i4 - LaCrosse BC-900 - MaHa C9000 - Charge Manager 2010 - Vanson Speedy Box - Accumanger 10 and 20 -Thunder AC6
    Solar - GoalZero Nomad 7 + Guide10 - Powerfilm USB+AA Solar Charger

pro lense all the way!!!!