Hobby Electronics Forum?

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking about buying some electronics equipment to put together my own home electronics workshop. I've had a bit of trouble finding a good online community in this field though, and I could use some help in doing so.

I'd like to start building some of my own simple circuits, and assembling a few kits too. Just some basic electronics breadboarding and soldering of some PCBs.

I'd like to buy a variable DC power supply, like this, which I found in my Electronix Express catalog. Before plopping down $100+ dollars for a single piece of equipment, I'd like to hear what the electronics community has to say about it, and find out if it's any good, or if there is something else I should be considering.

Does anybody know of any sites that I might find helpful in setting up my amateur electronics workshop, and buying equipment? Thanks.

ktronik

Enlightened
Hey I built my 150w bench top supply, out of an old computer power supply...

It gives me -12 to +24v @ 150w!!!

Click here

A small pair of side cutters & a soldering iron & you have a good start...

You don't need to spend any big money...

ktronik

Lucien

Enlightened
eBay for one. :D Many a CPFer has sourced a Metcal from there...

Digi-Key is indispensable.

I stop by Spark Fun Electronics once in a while to drool. They have a forum, but most of their stuff is a bit beyond what I'm looking for.

There's also Electro Tech Online, but I've not visited it for a long time.

The most important one to get you started would be CPF's Flashlight Electronics forum which might be a better place for this thread. :nana: