Anyone Familiar with T.A.D GG&G TID Products?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Tactical Impact Device

I guess that's useful if you like scallopini

D

**DONOTDELETE**

More like a meat tenderizer.
smile.gif

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast

That has lawsuit written all over it.
shocked.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast

No carry-on for this toothy thing fer sure. But its appeal is primal and certain. I'd like to have one, but I'll have to buy an SF flashlight first...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I've got an E2e coming via UPS. Just saw this thing earlier today. Also, just learned how cool the TAD website is! My problem with the thing is: 1. It's kind of expensive when most of your cash is tied up in the flashlights themselves, and 2. I'd constantly be looking for something to maim.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I saw pics of one version with more aggressive teeth and it looked pretty vicious. This version at TAD looks kinda benign. It probably doesn't look that nasty if it were right in fornt of you. I ordered one so I'll let you all know when I get it.

Catdaddy

Enlightened

I have both models. The one for the 6p/z2 series has more aggresive teeth, just slightly larger.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Actually, does anyone know how tough a Surefire is? I mean will it survive being used as an impact tool?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

I was just going to say -- if one used this "impact" tool while the light was on, shouldn't one have a spare LA or two handy?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

"...does anyone know how tough a Surefire is? I mean will it survive being used as an impact tool?"
From extensive experience with an old 6P, yes.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Beat a guy up with one of those, and you won't need a red filter anymore....
grin.gif

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in picking up one of TAD Gear's TID bezels for my HAIII X5T. I was wondering if anyone owns one of their TID bezels and can provide any feedback on the quality, installation (is it secure? does it scratch the HAIII finish)?

http://www.tadgear.com/edged tools/tid.htm

Many thanks!

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dare I ask why this question was moved to "Gadgets/Non-flashlight Electronics" when this is dealing with a screw-on bezel for an Inova X5T flashlight???:huh2::awman:

FWIW I just ordered one and should have it by next week... sheesh.

B@rt

Flashaholic
To be more presice it is a slide on attachment to the existing bezel, secured with setting screws, wich makes it a non essential flashlight part, AKA gadget. :ironic: