RMSK, Inc.        
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Supporter Icons now available!

Grinser2 Supporter Icons now available!

A new system of Supporter Icons is now in place!

Here are the different levels:

CPF Supporter... donation of $2.50 or $5.00... this icon...

CPF Silver Supporter... donation of $10.00 or $15.00... this icon...

CPF Gold Supporter... donation of $25.00 or $50.00... this icon...

CPF Diamond Supporter... donation of $75.00 or $100.00... this icon...

CPF Supporting Dealer... donation of $15.00... for dealers without bannerads... this icon...

CPF Supporting Manufacturer... donation of $15.00... for manufacturers without bannerads... this icon...

These icons will be for our advertising dealers and manufacturers with bannerads. Billing and fees for this will continue to be manually handled by me so I can take care of the bannerads as well... once those get back up and running... soon I hope...

****To make a donation****, you will go to your Control Panel... in case you haven't found that yet, there's a link in the top menubar of every page on CPF. It's at the far left at the top and says "User CP". Once you get in there, you will see a link over in the left sidebar under the "Miscellaneous" category that says "Paid Subscriptions". Click on that and you will see the different options. Follow the directions from there and you'll be all set...

Some of you may remember that there used to be an icon for what was called "angel donations". Using the current system, this is not going to be possible. However... if anyone would like to make a donation on behalf of another CPF member, please do it the old fashioned way.... directly through paypal to sasha@candlepowerforums.com . Be sure to note who you are making the donation on behalf of. They will be given the appropriate Supporter designation based on the amount of your donation. YOU will NOT receive any kind of Supporter designation... special or otherwise... for that particular donation. Sorry guys... but it's just way too much work for me to manually adjust profiles like that and keep track of it all. And I honestly feel that "angel donations" should be about giving... not receiving... know what I mean?

I'm not sure yet how this system is going to affect the Red Shoes. We'll have to wait and see.... *****UPDATE ON SHOE SITUATION***** .... Yes, the shoes go away when you make a donation. I have not yet been able to figure out how to "fix" the system so that doesn't happen. So what I've been doing is manually adjusting the profiles of those with shoes who make donations and lose their shoes. Does that make sense?

Just send me an email once you go through the whole donation process to let me know that you've done it and I'll go put your shoes back on for you....

All donations will be good for 30 days from the day they are made. After 30 days, the icon will disappear from beneath your username. If you choose to make another donation before the 30 days is up, 30 days will be added to your current "balance", however your level will not increase unless you make a higher donation corresponding with a higher level.

For now, there are no special permissions or privileges associated with the different levels. However, there will be in the future. We'll discuss those later... not now.

For anyone who has made a donation to CPF since April 1st, 2006, I will be adding you to the appropriate group and setting the date for expiration based on the date you made the donation... so don't worry about having to make another one until you see your icon disappear...

Ok guys... that's it! And thank you once again for all of your continued support of CPF.... :
    Last edited by Greta; 04-22-2006 at 09:17 AM.

Thumbs up Re: Supporter Icons now available!

Let the donating begin...

(not that it ever stoped )

-DF

Edit: Nevermind
    Last edited by DFiorentino; 04-20-2006 at 12:06 PM.
    KineticParadox ...a personal web space with my CBA Battery Testing and my LED Bin Coding Charts.

Default Re: Supporter Icons now available!

May I suggest that one of the priviledges would be "to cause trouble at will".

Nice.

I still like getting better. Was always better at getting.

I donated a few weeks ago (April 4th really) and haven't recieved my icon

Thanks Sasha!
    WOW that was easy!!!
    Cheers,
    Mike S

Pacific Tactical Solutions Inc. CPF Discount, start here>> PTS Account
    Then PM me your last name and email so I can set your account for the discount.
    Or just place an order and add your CPF name to the comments box and we'll apply the discount.

Great Idea. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkayne
    Getting to it... please be patient...

Wow! Hats off to the initial diamond folks for sure! I'm constantly amazed.
    - Darell, the EVnut
    Email me: darelldd -at- gmail - I don't do PM.
    Is Tenacity just Badassity x 10?

Yes ... CHEERS to those who donated so much in the background! Let them be known now ...
    bernie
    There is a type of perfection that transcends the quest for lumens. Buying a $250 1-cell light for "lum factor" is like buying a $250 single malt Scotch for the alcohol content.
    - paulr

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
    My shoes are too tight. But it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance.

Just to let you know, I haven't been donating like that in the past. It just so happens I found $75 worth of change while digging around in the sofa and thought I'd see what that icon looked like next to my name. It's nice but next month I may just buy a couple of candy bars and Big Gulp.
    Last edited by Turd_Ferguson; 04-20-2006 at 06:14 PM.

Glad you got it online. My offer to put up some stuff for the raffles still stands as well.

Steven
    www.tacticalsupply.com

Quote Originally Posted by Arkayne
    Me too...except I did it close to 2 months ago...

I will donate some more in a little while. PayPal has not been being very nice to me lately so I will donate again when my paypal is up and running again.
    ~Mini-Moder~

Sasha,
    I know I'm a noob here but I'd like to make a suggestion that may make things a little easier... How about at least one level of an annual supporter? Say somewhere between $30 - $60. My thinking is 1, paypal takes a cut out of the money sent, thier "share" may work to be smaller this way and 2, you only have to mess with the icons once a year instead of once a month.

Mike
    Nobody ever made a dime selling little toy pacifists. -George Orwell

Mike... thank you for the suggestion... However, the other admins and mods and I already discussed this and believe it or not, the current method is much easier for me as it provides a steady income to the coffers instead of just one lump sum and then nothing for months. Also... I don't have to mess with the icons at all now... it's all done by the software....

Sasha,
    That's why I put the "may" in my post. I should've known you would have thought of it already...

Thanks
    Mike
    Nobody ever made a dime selling little toy pacifists. -George Orwell

Flashaholic*

Glad to be on CPF and I am always hanging out here so,

PayPal Sent

Thanks,
    Ken

I do have one suggestion. Why not enable the option for an automatic recurring subscription through Paypal?

Quote Originally Posted by kennyj
    I do have one suggestion. Why not enable the option for an automatic recurring subscription through Paypal?
    I'm forgetful enough. That's all I need is to voluntarily stay off CPF for a while to allow my wallet to heal only to STILL have my money going to it because I forgot automatic payment was on.

(Not that that is an entirely bad thing. )

-DF
    KineticParadox ...a personal web space with my CBA Battery Testing and my LED Bin Coding Charts.

Hence my suggestion that it be an option.

Personally I think CPF is worth the cash even at times when I'm not using it, because of how much I get out of it when I am using it... but that's just me.

Thanks Sasha!!

Flashaholic*

Thinking Re: Supporter Icons now available!

RED SHOE UPDATE ???
    I noticed Bernie still has his..even if they are too tight.
    I think this is great! But I love my red shoes (and other things)
    I would hate to lose that.
    Topper

Noticed that, too, and I LOVE it!
    And yes ... looking at those delicate shoes and my square feet ... they must be too tight. Which runs well with my philosophy, too
    bk
    There is a type of perfection that transcends the quest for lumens. Buying a $250 1-cell light for "lum factor" is like buying a $250 single malt Scotch for the alcohol content.
    - paulr

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
    My shoes are too tight. But it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance.

I've updated my first post to indicate what's going on with the shoes. But I'll repeat it here too...

*****UPDATE ON SHOE SITUATION***** .... Yes, the shoes go away when you make a donation. I have not yet been able to figure out how to "fix" the system so that doesn't happen. So what I've been doing is manually adjusting the profiles of those with shoes who make donations and lose their shoes. Does that make sense?

Just send me an email once you go through the whole donation process to let me know that you've done it and I'll go put your shoes back on for you....

One other thing... some of you are not reading my initial post in this thread and are not following the directions that I posted on how to make a donation. You're just going to your paypal account and sending your donation the "old fashioned way". Doing it that way bypasses the automated system and causes me to have to go to your profile and manually adjust it to reflect your donation with the proper icon. Then I have to go into the automated system and add you to the proper group and set the time limit, blahblahblah... IOW, you're forcing me back to the old system that I scrapped because it was WAY too time consuming for me.

PLEASE!!!!... read my first post in this thread... and follow the directions. I appreciate all of your donations very much! But I'm not appreciating the extra work that some of you are causing me because you're not following the proper procedure. Thanks guys...

So if we submit three seperate times then that will have us registered for three months?

Thanks
    Specializing in only the best and the brightest!

It should?... But I'm not sure yet if that will actually happen. If you want to try it, I'll check on it and see what happens. If the "validation period" doesn't adjust itself, then I'll manually adjust it... but I really would rather that people not do this. If I have to go through and manually adjust accounts, the whole purpose of the automated system will be shot to hell. I'm trying to actually reduce the amount of work I have to do on this... because it takes away from the time I need to spend on other things... know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha
    It should?... But I'm not sure yet if that will actually happen. If you want to try it, I'll check on it and see what happens. If the "validation period" doesn't adjust itself, then I'll manually adjust it... but I really would rather that people not do this. If I have to go through and manually adjust accounts, the whole purpose of the automated system will be shot to hell. I'm trying to actually reduce the amount of work I have to do on this... because it takes away from the time I need to spend on other things... know what I mean?
    Got it, I won't do it though as I can understand trying to reduce the workload.

Thanks.
    Specializing in only the best and the brightest!

We found one bug in the VB subscription system at Ford Truck Enthusiasts (FTE). If a person renews before their subscription runs out the system shuts off the supporter icon at the end of the first subscription anyway. I do not know if this bug has been fixed in the VB code yet but the only way to deal with it at present for us is to make repairs to accounts manually. Shutting off notification is a good way to handle the problem also so subscriptions run out and users renew after the subscription has ended. We use annual or 3 year (with bonus) subscriptions on FTE.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php

Hi Sasha...

My "diamond" icon showwed up right after I contributed, but has subsequently disappeared.

I assume, though, that the new "supporter icon" venture is still on its shake-down cruise, and that my icon will re-appear when all is sorted out.

Thanks!

Proud custodian of Tvodrd`s one and only Tungsten Larry Light, along with a 14430 LL, a CR2 LL/Arc AA; Peter`s Arc`s and Brass Arc AAA; Mike Jordan`s gems; some really great lights from Enrique, Fred and Tain ...and *several* of Don`s creations.

That's a very impressive icon. It goes well with your avatar, which too is one of the more impressive ones.

Hi Empath...

Thanks for your kind post.

To give credit where credit is due, Bart was the person who found my avatar and sent it to me. (Thanks again, Bart!)

Best wishes!

Proud custodian of Tvodrd`s one and only Tungsten Larry Light, along with a 14430 LL, a CR2 LL/Arc AA; Peter`s Arc`s and Brass Arc AAA; Mike Jordan`s gems; some really great lights from Enrique, Fred and Tain ...and *several* of Don`s creations.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast