Acebeam

Thread: Kodak 2500mAh AA (Sanyo OEM), tested at 2500mAh

Thumbs up Kodak 2500mAh AA (Sanyo OEM), tested at 2500mAh

The Kodak 2500mAh is priced at $7.50 for 4 and my sample lives up to the claim.

I don't know if they have more than one suppliers, but mine are Sanyo.
    `HR` marking and "Made in Japan"

Charged overnight in Duracell 30 minute charger
    From a sample of four cells, they tested 2.49, 2.49, 2.50 and 2.51 Ah at 0.5A discharge rate to 1.0v

Default Re: Kodak 2500mAh AA (Sanyo OEM), tested at 2500mAh

I've read (on AmondoTech's site) that high-capacity NiMH cells sometimes lose more energy per day. I wonder how these Kodaks will fare.
    My lights, all AA, neutral or warm: 3 Fenix TK20s; 2 Malkoff M30WFs; 2 Shiningbeam Romisens (5A); Dereelight XP-G R5 (close enough); UK 4AA incan.

Flashaholic*

The one thing that's lead me to think these are Sanyo OEM, is they have multiple part numbers on the package, one of which is HR-3U, Sanyo's 2500 part #. I might need to get some for my Mag74, now that it's bored for larger cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_in_Maryland
    I've read (on AmondoTech's site) that high-capacity NiMH cells sometimes lose more energy per day. I wonder how these Kodaks will fare.
    They should perform equally to the Energizer 2500mAh which I tested to be around 2,000mAh after sitting around for a little over a week. Keep in mind that the discharge is high during the first day or two and stabilizes. These Energizer gave me a full capacity of 2.4Ah, so among four batteries, they lost 17% in eight days. Give 5-10% for day one and 1% thereafter. It doesn't seem too bad.