Dorcy Lux 3 lantern at Sears $22.99

ecnica

Newly Enlightened
igabo said:
Anyone know if it's any good?
I was going to ask the same thing after I seen it posted on FW, I couldn't find the lantern in the dorcy website either.

InfidelCastro

Banned
I had no idea it could also use 6V lantern batteries, that's really cool. Not that I could use another Chinalight, but I might have to pick one up now..
rolleye11.gif

Wonder what the runtime is and the difference between the 4D's and 6V Lantern battery.

Zephyr

Enlightened
I just purchased one of these things and I must say that I am amazed by how bright it is!!! I'm thinking of buying another one, that is how impressed I am. Although, I am concern with the heatsinking issue though. It seems like this thing might be overdriven?

Zephyr

Enlightened
Well, I have a Lambda ProMagnum that I used to compare it with, and the Dorcy seems to be as bright as the ProMagnum with a T binned Luxeon emmiter on it, if not brighter. The only thing though is that the beam quality sucks. It has a lot of artifacts or rings around it. Not too much sidespill, but none the less, very bright I think, due to the large reflector.

Illum

Flashaholic
I've sent an Email to Doug [Quickbeam, administrator of www.flashlightreviews.com] about this light having a failure from design flaw

Heres what I recieved

If it doesn't cook itself, at the leasst it is being damaged by
the heat and will have a reduced lifespan. I haven't tried out
the Dorcy lamp yet, but if there's no thermal path for the heat,
I woudn't want to waste my money.

Doug P. Looks like some "brillant" engineer wanted to save money by switching the metal thermal bridge to plastic...[actually, a luxIII with a thermal bridge will melt the plastic reflector anyway] LuxIII is a bit overkill