Turn my Maglite 3D into HID?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
With battery carriers, I'd imagine.. Look up the pocket rocket and the Mini-HID and get ahold of Mac, he'd probably be able to help you..

jashhash

Enlightened
I'll sell you my 10watt HID Welch Allyn Solarc HID ballast and the lamp both for $90. These are the typical ingredients for creating a Mag-HID. The ballast runs at a voltage range of 9.6 - 12.6 volts with 10.6 being ideal. The end of the Maglite needs to be boared 1/32" inorder to fit the ballast.

Waterfish

Newly Enlightened
It's quite a bit of work. Originally I wanted to make one for myself, but because the machining and custom parts were so expensive for one unit, I winded up doing a whole run of them.

You cant just stuff the components into a standard mag body. Take a look at Silver Legacy's site and see what is involved for a full conversion before purchasing anything.

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
Sheesh...maybe I can just have it sent to someone to do the conversion for me. There is no way I will have the resources to do any machining on it.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
For what all of that would cost you'd probably be better off just buying it already made as compaired to having your own light converted - there's a lot of options for the 3D Maglite already, that'd would probably be better to look into..