Wicked Lasers down?

Black Sheep

Newly Enlightened
It's been down most of the day, it went down once for a little while then came back up now it's back down again and has been for hours..

Anybody know why?

godfrey

Newly Enlightened
It was impertinent this afternoon...Then around 3:30p it wouldn't come back. The wickedlaser site itself that probably runs on the same network as the forum server is also not available.

Don't know what the cause is though.

See you back on the forum, if and when it's there!

Phil

godfrey

Newly Enlightened
Comozo wrote in another thread: "Site's been down for hours,maybe the chinese government closed them down."

Crap, I hope not... I was having a good time discussing the poorman's scanner with BoomDog. I wonder if he'd mind if I called him...

Phil

Last edited:

wondergimp

Newly Enlightened
Yep, I'm having the same problems here. I wonder how long it will be for it to come back up?

NairB

Newly Enlightened
:awman:

I was in the middle of discussing/bugging everyone how to collimate my laser as well LoL

Wicked are probably doing some maintenance. Ah well looks like CPF is now hijacked LoL

Only joking everyone...:banned:
Oh by the way, my Yahoo Messenger is nairblaser if anyone wants to talk.

Thanks CPF for having us post here for the moment:goodjob:

Last edited:

godfrey

Newly Enlightened
Server maintenance should never take this long...Especially if you have a good ISP. Back when I was in info tech it was a crime to take a production server down for any reason...You have to do routine work, users never understood that. Sorta like when their system locks up. Reboot it...NO I CAN'T I'LL LOOSE MY WORK... Duh..

My guess is either the site is under a DOS attack...But for this long? If you have a good router it should start adapting...or moron contractor on a bull dozer cut through the fiber/copper trunk.

Phil

p.s. how the hell do I get rid of these emoticons on the right and bottom of my screen...they're making me dizzy.

*edit* this just reminded me of what would happen if the coffee shop we hung out at burned down...We'd be down the street at another one...

NairB

Newly Enlightened
Maybe it is a catastrophic attack on the servers but iv got a hunch that wicked are looking at changing there whole website altogether and remember they were planning a website called lasercommunity.com. I can remember Steve say it would be up and running soon....so who knows.

I dont think they have shut down for good though.

I cant believe im still awake :candle:

Athoul

Enlightened
Well I was sending and recieving emails to/from Wicked during the time it was down. There was no mention of WL being shut down, so this would seem to be false information. Their site went down a couple months back, so no need to jump to conclusions just yet.