SF E2D, why not a LED transform?

wuyeah

Enlightened
Hi, More I look more I don't understand. E2D, Great little light with great power. The E series has all the flexibility to adapt accesory. Why not turn E2D into a LED??

I can easily see a transformed E2L into a combat bezel. Or powerful L4 into combat version. to coloriz E2L & L4 into black finish, put on E2D tail cap, create teeth version for L4 & E2L.

!!!BOOM!!! you got L4D & E2LD. I don't think it is too hard for manifactor to create.

At age of LED tranformation, I think L4D & E2LD will sell much better than current E2D. Is there a reason for them not to it? From marketing point of view, i don't think there is a reason why not.....

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
A few members have installed the strike bezel from the E2D on a black KL4 by just swapping out the bezels. You might need to apply some heat and use stap wrenches.

Aaron

Newly Enlightened
Is there a reason for them not to it? From marketing point of view, i don't think there is a reason why not.....

The reason why is because the people at SF are stupid.

Size15's

Flashaholic
There are so many options and so little time... I guess that SureFire can't do everything they'd like to, let alone everything that's possible so they have to decide carefully and that may not always be what we'd each like.

From my perspective SureFire have shelved more great flashlights then they've released but then again I am not part of any of SureFire's key markets.

Al

wuyeah

Enlightened
E2D is a suprising incan seller, no doubt. By its body build, its unique beam pattern makes light lover mark must own.

Yet, as people looking in SF or looking for a combat ability light, there is nothing true existed in LED field. Combat ability light existed in E2D, M3T-CB, M4T-CB, M6CB.....choices are wide. As for LED, no CB version is a gap that just not suite consumers' belly fully!

I am not here mainly to judge how smart they are. I am here more giving SF a suggestion. Hopefully someone from SF can see this thread and say, "wow, that is right! Why we never think about doing that?"

To come out choice such as L4D or E2LD. If they truely sell, benefit me none.

As my view, SF can discontinue the E2D line, safe the money to produce L4D line. As for simillar construction, similar bezel, the cost of transformation won't cost whole lot for the company. So far, there is no Combat ability light on the market, at least not yet. Doing so will be once again "ahead of the game". Pushing L4D to MSRP at $195.00. Making best sell L4 more powerful. They should really considerate.

Last edited: