Light force

Orbit

Enlightened
don't know where to post this but felt like showing the set up i finished last night.
NW21.jpg

comments and questions welcome.

jbfla

Newly Enlightened
very cool, Orbit.

Can you post a picture of them "lit up"?

I'm curious as to what you use them for. Your vehicle doesn't look like like the type to compete in the Dakar or Baja offroad races... :)

jb

Orbit

Enlightened
420 watts of hid all up.
Clearing logging trails, if i can't get in the trucks don't get in (no point using a 4wd doesn't give you accurate info on where the trucks can go), lights were cheaper then bullbar and having to repair damage from wildlife strikes.
But i changed jobs, so now it's for leasure, alot of driving on dirt tracks at stupid oclock in the morning in densly wild life filled areas, trust me you need the light.
the bottom ones are only for fog, smoke etc.... so are only 10watts.

rufusdufus

Newly Enlightened
Orbit that is lovely,Please tell me where you obtain ballasts and bulbs at the right price.
Orbit said:
don't know where to post this but felt like showing the set up i finished last night.
NW21.jpg

comments and questions welcome.

Orbit

Enlightened
yeah good luck with that. lol, i got lucky with a few ebay auctions, and founda few people selling locally as they didn't want them any more.

but it wasn't a cheap exercise.

Flakey

Enlightened
hahahahahahahahahahaha I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok now do it to my car!

can we PLEASE get some beamshots of this monster in action. it looks like a fighter jet-hovercraft of the future!

Orbit

Enlightened
night pics will be a while off....and the bulbs are still running in. but i will post them once i've taken them...maybe bushy and i hould have a monster mod off.:naughty:

Orbit

Enlightened
thanks mate you might see me tomorrow night:grin2: just look for ht ebright glow on teh horizon.

bushy555

Newly Enlightened
Now there's a way better piccy! (Orbit sent me a pic from what looks to be his phone at night)

>Comments and questions welcomed
Went to Wagga on Saturday night for them dopey spazzo Monster Truck show. (what a waste!). I should have asked for your address before-hand and come around for a squiz. One day mate...

Ok - Finally finished modifying one of my Lightforce XGT lights. First one Ive done. This one now have a Supervision 42 watt HID kit in them. And it aint bad.
Took a bunch of pics last night against the standard 100watt halogen XGT and two LF 240 Blitz lights which have a 35 watt kit in them.
Will fnnish off both of the XGT's later tonight and will take pics of the 42 watters vs the 35 watters.

Have five pics here to upload, but I'm doing something wrong coz Im buggered if I can get the upload to function properly.

cheers,
dave.

Orbit

Enlightened
if you email them to me i'll host them for you and put them up.

Orbit

Enlightened
These pics are from bushy's latest LF MOD, they will be available on ebay shortley.
Bushy and i are yet to have a shoot out, but it is in the works we live 100km apart and have very tight schedules, so give us a bit of time, and THEN YOU WILL SEE SOME LIGHT!!!!
but for now here are a few teasers.

xgt5 - normal daytime photo setting on digi camera.
xgt6 - normal night time photo setting without flash at bull bar level.
xgt7 - normal night time photo setting without flash at roof level.
xgt8 - the photo shoot setup.
xgt9 - techone 35 watt 6000k verses supervision 42 watt 6000k.
xgt43 - 42watt HID H3, 100w halogen watt GY6.35, 100w haolgen H3, 35w H1
HID, 130w halogen H1.
xgt26 - 100w halogen watt GY6.35, 42watt HID H3.
xgt35 - Lightforce XGT rear.
xgt39 - Lightforce XGT front.
xgt_43.jpg

xgt_39.jpg

xgt_35.jpg

xgt_26.jpg

xgt9.jpg

xgt8.jpg

xgt7.jpg

xgt6.jpg

xgt5.jpg

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supervision "42 watts" is probably playing games by counting the wattage going to the system including the ballast losses while most everyone else is talking bulb wattage.

Orbit

Enlightened
thats what i reckon, but meh... it's a pooftienth brighter....
not bad for a first prototype, still a reasonable amount of work to do....integrating the wiring so the housing remains water tight etc etc....trying to convince him to by a xeray and canabolise it..... 75watt would be a nice little project.

Orbit

Enlightened
Thanks Devalance.

The last pic is before i focused the lights. all the after ones were awesomly blurry.:rant: :rant:
but the difference is very significant. Far better dispersion and no beam artifacts. light to about 900m....again awesomly blurry pics.
The side on pic is crap as there is too much light for the camera to deal with.