Improved Raw Kit

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
These have been sold like this for the past couple of months, but it has not been made common knowledge. Nor has the web site been updated (Yet).
New-Raw-Kit.jpg

Improvements:
Longer Threads, Total of 5.5 complete rotations before the two half's come apart.
Also means no thread is visible when off.

Milled Means of Attachment (MOA), Stolen from the Raw Ns Designer!

PRCR2 as standard (Protected Li-ion) 350 Mah which provides a good 20mins on High before cut off.

Redesigned Nano charger.

Best of all:Still the same price & We have stock :party:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like this design better, but I wish it had the o-rings like the NS.

What improvements were made to the Nano charger?

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
The nano charger appears a more stylish design. On inspection of the insides, there is also an improvement to the quality.
Oh & the Nano sticker does not fall of anymore.

Another addition to the Web site are comprehensive instructions for the Raw Series. Here:http://www.theorb.co.uk/technical.php
Big Thanks to lightlust (VG) For this. :ohgeez: I owe him some lights :crackup:

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
this_is_nascar said:
Does this mean if we order the Raw 1-watt or 3-watt from the website, we'll get this new-style Raw automatically?
Yes Sir.

kiely23+

Enlightened
Hi,
goodjob.gif

is a "old" raw hardware update available? MOA with PRCR2 (Protected Li-ion) 350 Mah which provides a good 20mins on High before cut off!

McShawn

Enlightened
The newer style Raw kits are great, I really love the improvements. Just a little "polish" on a great design made them supurb little lights.

Shawn

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast

marcspar

Enlightened
Rob,

Do you sell [or know where to buy] a lanyard appropriate to the raw & raw ns?

Thanks,

Marc

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Now this is good news and exactly what I have needed to be able to carry my RAW. The original one seemed to be very loose when carried as it had such a small portion of the threads holding when it was turned off.

I do plan on buying the upgraded body for my internal parts. My question is do I need to purchase both the front and rear body sections or will the rear section of the original screw into the new front end section with more threads for security?...Ok nevermind that question as I really want the rear section as well as I just noticed it has the improved lanyard attatchment. I am preparing my order shortly and thanks for the improvements. It does make a nice product very much nicer.

Are the body sections available for shipment immediately?

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Robocop:
Yes you would need both halfs front & rear.
These are available from stock i.e No delays!
:thanks:

Robocop

:paypal:

1 New style body top section
1 New style body bottom section
1 spare PCB board
1 spare UCL
1 spare heatsink

My plan is to use the new body with my current RAW internals and to put one of my own emitters on the spare PCB ordered. I will have a working RAW with the new style body and also use the spare ordered parts in my old body to have 2 complete lights. My old style body will be complete however minus the 2 stage switch.

Thanks for the new products Rob. I do not think I added my CPF user name to my PayPal order however I have ordered from you before so you should have all of my info on file.

Let me know if any of the spare items I ordered are not in stock and thanks again.

Robocop

I just tried to access my history on my PayPal account and was informed the site is down for maintenance. I sent PayPal and received a receipt however it did not seem to clear my shopping cart on your site. You may or may not have received my payment.

Please let me know if there was a problem and if so I will re-send my payment.

Robocop

Got your mail Rob and I am happy to see my payment made it to you. I am so excited about this new body however I do believe the original will someday be a classic. I have had nothing but good performance from all of my Orb products and I am sure this one will raise the bar that much higher for others.

Just when you thought it could not get any better....this will be a very hard act to follow I am sure....Thanks again