• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired USL place + triton, etc = $420 SOLD!!!

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Due to a very unfortunate turn in my circumstances, I am no longer able to afford the luxury of a USL. Such is life. So I am offering my spot in line to someone else. My loss will be your mega-photonic gain.

You will be getting:
- black USL with switch guard
- smooth and LOP reflector
- triton charger
- thermal probe
edit: - and yes, you do get a power supply!

Please note that shipping has yet to be paid!

I paid 428 + 3% paypal = 441 for my spot on the list. If I am able to get back 420 USD by cash paypal I will be happy. I am asking 420 USD for the spot. SOLD

If you reside in Australia, a direct bank account transfer (wire transfer) would be preferred.

And yes, anyone outside Australia can buy this!

I am number 69 on Bill's list:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1245000&postcount=1

You can contact me by PM or if something goes wrong, post in this thead and I will get back to you.

First I'll take it here will get it. SOLD

Cheers
Grox

Last edited:

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: USL place + triton, etc = $420

Grox,

Why the limit to Australian buyers?

I can still do anywhere with your package, that gives you a bigger buyer pool!

Bill

Amended, rereading it, and putting the punctuation where it belongs, I now understand he is saying he would prefer a direct wire transfer if the buyer is Aussie.

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think he meant for Australian buyer he would prefer a different method of payment? Wire transfer?

Mac

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast

My apologies for the confusing phrasing! I will go back and edit the relevant bit!

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Off topic but, what number are we up to at this point.... :huh2:

Karlthev

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast

karlthev said:
Off topic but, what number are we up to at this point.... :huh2:

Karlthev

My understanding is that all the non-triton USLs have been done. Now only the triton USLs remain.

May I ask why you asked this question in my sale thread?

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nothing whatsoever. Sorry I stepped on your thread. My bad.

Karlthev

ddaadd

Enlightened

I would think a potential buyer of spot #69, would be interested to know the actual # of spots fullfilled ahead of that #, to know his current position in shipping order.......

Edit: apx #41

Then again, I could be wrong.....:grin2:

Last edited:

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anyone who needs to know info on shipping order can PM me, although the list is up in BST and you can figure out about where you are from that.

The first shipping of Triton lights should happen in the next 10-14 days, and then regularly thereafter every 7-10 days, depending on my real job work schedule. I'll post when I ship what numbers have been shipped and from that you can figure out roughly where you are at.

I may actually take some days off to complete some lights, but hate to burn vacation to do so.

Bill

rdh226

Enlightened

Ya know, as I was lurking the other day, and scanning the Member's List, I was struck
by the fact that there didn't seem to be any members with 0 postings.

Now I understand: You're all addicts! <Chortle>

It will be my pleasure to take that USL off of your hands.

As this is my first post...how does this work? PayPal, I presume, seems to be the
preferred agency?

-RDH

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Welcome to CPF, RDH!! Try not to burn yourself with that thing. :D

Larry

rdh226

Enlightened

tvodrd said:
Welcome to CPF, RDH!! Try not to burn yourself with that thing. :D

Larry

Thanks!

I remember, lo these many moons ago (like several hundred...), in high school, a group of
us were experimenting with [amateur] filmmaking. It turns out it's really dark inside, and
we needed more light. House lights just didn't cut it. It was then I discovered this really
nifty little photoflood light, quartz halogen or some such new-fangled thing, little bulb
slightly smaller than my thumb. I think it was a DVY bulb. Hmmm...650Wts. Seems like a
lot of power for a little dinky bulb. Well, let's plug this ridiculously heavy power cord in and
see what it does.

!YIKES!

As I turned if off, I was wondering if that was a "spot" before my eye, or, no, that really
was the filament, sliding down the spectrum from white through bright cherry red to dull
and sullen plum red to looking just like any other filament, other than those waves of heat
I could still see coming off of the thing. All thoughts of filmmaking evaporated, my
thoughts immediately turned to: I wonder what this light would do to that scrap piece of
4x4 I just happened to have handy. Turns out DVY bulbs are a very efficacious tool for
converting 4x4 lumber into charcoal. Not very efficient, mind you, but very effective.

My mother was less than amused, as mothers are wont to be.

As I was trying to wade through all the different threads, and stumbled onto the USL
thread(s), and found the first pictures (and in particular cooking that egg!), I knew
that, once I picked myself off the floor and wiped the tears from my eyes and caught
my breath and stopped laughing, that I had to have one of those things.

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast

Email sent back to you rdh226!

Welcome to CPF and I hope that you enjoy your stay here! There's plenty of bright lights to blind yourself with and a lot of good people to boot.

From the sounds of it you are a dyed-in-the-wool light maniac

ddaadd

Enlightened
Re: USL place + triton, etc = $420 SPF!

Welcome rdh226!.....:rock:

attaboy! You are going to fit in well here I think.....:naughty:

Ever heard of .....HID ? ...........:huh:

rdh226

Enlightened

Grox said:
Email sent back to you rdh226!

Welcome to CPF and I hope that you enjoy your stay here! There's plenty of bright lights to blind yourself with and a lot of good people to boot.

From the sounds of it you are a dyed-in-the-wool light maniac

PayPal on its way.

I find maniac to be such a harsh word; I prefer thinking of myself as lunatic fringe...

ddaadd said:
Welcome rdh226!.....

attaboy! You are going to fit in well here I think.....

Ever heard of .....HID ? ...........

You mean HyperImmunoglobulinemia D (HID) syndrome (a periodic fever inherited as an
autosomal recessive trait, caused by mutations in the gene for mevalonate kinase and
having onset usually before one year of age. It is characterized by attacks of high fever
preceded by chills, occurring at intervals of approximately 4–8 weeks and lasting 4–6
days, often accompanied by headache, arthritis and arthralgia, erythematous lesions,
and hepatosplenomegaly)?

Um...no, actually, I hadn't heard of it before, I had to go look it up. I don't think that's
what I have.

Oh, wait, you mean them funny new-fangled lights my S4 has, eh? (heh heh)

Actually, even as I write this, I am perusing the 5 Inch Wonder *Pocket Rocket* Sign-Up Thread
in another tab, and wondering if I can insinuate myself into it too. I love that longitudinally-
groved head (pictured in the first post, alas unavailable).

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

You remind me of me when I found CPF. Next you'll be searching ebay for a tank light! This one started it and some more are slowly happening here. I pick up my VSS-3A this saturday. :D

Larry (And you will love the USL! I keep mine within reach from this keyboard.)