NEXTORCH        
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Favorite Benchmade??

Default Re: Favorite Benchmade??

Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    Yeah, I've always wanted to try that. I also have a Mini Onslaught on the way, should be a good knife week.
    Looks like a great field knife!
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

I have a 162 Bushcraft and a 940-2 and love using both. I'm going to sand the handle of the 162 just a fraction to enhance the grip however. My 940 is still new and I'm in the process of tuning it for optimal performance.

If I had to pick a favourite though.. 940. Can't go back to liner lock after axis. And it's just so classy looking

The 940 is my favorite. Light, slim, great blade. Disappears in pocket.

Benchmade mini skirmish, hands down.

I have had so many over the years its hard to say but today Im carrying one of my top 5 EDC's a Ritter Grip in m390 with Camp Perry scales with matching stonewashed standoffs its hard to beat and cuts forever.

I currently have a Nakamura which i like very much.
    Especially the blade form looks terrific....and the knife holds nice in the hand.

Earlier I mentioned I liked the Presidio. Previously owned it and intended to pick another one up. Which I may do sometime in the future.

About a month ago I bought the 560 Freek and it has become my EDC since then. It's broken in nicely. I also received a 485 Valet and a 940-2 Osborne. I am still trying to decide if I want to keep these two or not. I want to like the Osborne but there is something about it that I cannot quite put my finger on that bothers me about it. And I really want to like the Valet but the action is stiff, not in the opening as I can flick the blade out with my thumb with ease. But closing is another story so far in that it is at this point a 2-handed affair. I've read similar stories but hope the action brakes in as it did with the Freek.

Anyone else own a Valet?
    Click Here to view my lights

I've got to jumped in here and say how disappointed I am in Benchmade. I had one of their small autos, dropped it and the blade snapped off at the choil. I mean this thing hit the linoleum floor perfectly horizontal. I looked at the break and could tell from the discoloration that it was cracked from the start. I sent it in with my findings and I guess it wasn't good enough because they told me it was "improper use" that broke it. I told them it was due to piss poor quality assurance. Well, needless to say they didn't like that and on top of that they had the audacity to charge me for shipping!
    That's the last knife I ever buy from them. Good luck with Benchmade!

Wheezy59, you post is inappropriate, OT, for this thread, and can lead to a disruption of the thread. Please start you own thread re you difficulties with the company. Members, please do not respond to Wheezy59's post.

Bill

I like the Sibert designed Benchmade collabs, especially the 755 MPR and the Adamas .... AXIS lock on the Adamas, by the way.
    Last edited by archimedes; 06-13-2017 at 07:50 PM.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

The Benchmade 907D2 or variations there of. I bought my first Benchmade 912(a derivative of this knife) when I was visiting family in Colorado. I bought it in a pawn shop, completely ignorant of Benchmade( back before I was into knives or lights)...Within 24 hours I was so impressed by the sheer functionality and quality that when I headed to the airport, I stopped by the post office and Priority shipped the knife back home. Here is a photo of my 907 D2 next to my Presidio(also a good knife, but the 907D2 is like some of my Surefire/PK/FourSevens lights-quality that makes you feel comfortable in a life threatening situation).
    http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/a...927158E85D.jpg

The blade opens easily, yet feels so tight & secure you could do anything and it would hold up to the task without problem. The D2 holds it's edge well, yet can be touched up and razor sharp very quickly. I lost my first one, bought another in 3 weeks I missed it so much. A story that has replayed a couple of times. Recently, after buying a Black Tanto Blade 907D2 to replace a lost one, I found the missing knife under an a/c vent under the driver seat of my Chrysler 300. For the first time, I have two 907's at the same time! I must admit that for the next Benchmade I buy will be the Mini-griptillian... so many people have said what a great knife it is....

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678