• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Momentary switch question

kendallAA

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if I were to install a momentary switch in a Caribbean can the light still be turned constant on by twisting?

thanks for the information
kendallAA

kendallAA

Newly Enlightened
thanks archangle for the info.

How about locking out the light, Can it be unscrewed to the point where the push button will not activate the light.

kendallAA

nocturnal

Newly Enlightened
Hello MJ or Robyn,

would you have an estimate when the momentary switch will be available again? I've been trying for about two weeks, but the shopping cart keeps telling me it's not currently available. I'd love to place an order for a few items, and I'm unsure whether it makes sense to wait for the switch or to just go ahead without it. Any information would be appreciated. :)

RobynS

Newly Enlightened
nocturnal said:
Hello MJ or Robyn,

would you have an estimate when the momentary switch will be available again? I've been trying for about two weeks, but the shopping cart keeps telling me it's not currently available. I'd love to place an order for a few items, and I'm unsure whether it makes sense to wait for the switch or to just go ahead without it. Any information would be appreciated. :)

The momentary switches are now available on our web site.

Thank you for your patience.

Robyn

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Momentary switch question (keyring attachment?)

If I bought a 1AAA Peak with a keyring lug, then installed the momentary switch, would there still be a way to attach the light to my keyring?

I know that the switch will fit the Matterhorn and Pacific. Will it fit the Baltic?

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened

I got one to use in my stainless Baltic and it works perfectly. Sadly, there is no easy way to attach the light to a keychain with the momentary switch installed into the tail of the light.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast

Theatre Booth Guy said:
Sadly, there is no easy way to attach the light to a keychain with the momentary switch installed into the tail of the light.
What about a not-so-easy way? Can't I just squeeze a slim cloth lanyard or even a slim metal ring (the kind with with a "bump" for threading a lanyard) between the switch and the body?

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened

Paul_in_Maryland said:
What about a not-so-easy way? Can't I just squeeze a slim cloth lanyard or even a slim metal ring (the kind with with a "bump" for threading a lanyard) between the switch and the body?

lol, there are always "not so easy" ways of doing things. It just depends on your imagination and resources. The metal ring idea would probably work very well and would increase the possibility of actually being able to lock the light "off" - something I'm unable to do with my stainless single AAA Baltic. Sort of a figure-eight shape with one hole bigger for the switch and one hole smaller for the key-ring would be ideal. If you call Peak, they may be willing to make some up - they seem very willing to listen to customers!

For what it's worth, my (easy) solution was just to use the pocket clip on the light with the momentary switch.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, the good ol' pocket clip; I forgot about that! I wouldn't use it to keep the light in my pocket, but as a way to secure the light (somehow) to the keyring. The point of a keyring light, to me, is that it's impossible to leave behind--If I have my car keys, I have a light.

Thanks!

nocturnal

Newly Enlightened
There is a chance you may fit something between a Baltic AAA body and the tail switch. It seems that a few people (me included) got Baltic AAA bodies that are rather on the short side regarding tolerances, so backing out the tailswitch for about a millimeter by positioning a DIY lanyard attachment point under the switch could very well work. On my Baltic, the switch works fine when not fully screwed into the body.

However, the Baltic is only as long as my hand is wide. That's about the shortest length where a pushbutton makes sense to me, anyway. In this case, any lanyard attachment point sticking out to the side would probably feel a bit awkward in use to me. Your mileage may vary, of course. :)

Last edited: