Surefire M2 Millenium Combat Serving Bedside Duty (Artsty Fartsy Picture Attempt)

cslinger

Enlightened
Picked up a Surefire M2 and I must say it is marvelous and exactly what I wanted in a bedside light. I like it so much I have another on the way that I found for $109 delivered NIB. I couldn't pass the deal up. At any rate here is the first M2 serving guard duty with two other members of the team. The one pictured has the P61 HOLA installed. The next one will keep the P60 lamp installed and the HOLA lamp will be installed in shotgun forend.

405429-big.JPG

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to try this. I had a P91 lamp running inside my M2 which outputs 200 lumens of light. It really is a wall of light compared to the P61.

To do this, the cells I used are 2 rechargeable DLG R123s which is rated at 3.7 volts each. They look just like the normal CR123. In full charge, the batteries are at 4.2 volts each. The rechargeables that are useable in this configuration must be the unprotected type as the protected ones are not workable on such high current draw.

The run time for this configuration is lower than those using P61 and CR123 batteries but it gives about 10mins power before it starts loosing it's edge. Very blinding is what I would say.