• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

caps for extra bodies?

h_nu

Enlightened
Now that I have several bodies for my Pacific, I was wondering if caps will be available for the bodies. It would be useful to use the extra bodies as battery carriers. If they are polymer, maybe red and green to color code would be nice.

If I can get threaded caps I promise to wait semi-patiently for a Baltic and SS Pacific.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found some plastic caps at my true value hardware store that fit the Pacific. They are hard plastic so they don't stretch much, but they fit the batterry tubes of the Pacific well, they will not fit over the head. The 1" ones fit the tail of the HDS, but not the head.

info:
True Value brand $1.39
3/4" push on Sliding Leg Tips
part numbers: 536245, TV31894
barcode: 52088 06305

21c5kcm.jpg

Last edited:

h_nu

Enlightened
Thanks for the tip, cave dave.

I'll try to get over to True Value this coming weekend. Any cap is better than nothing. I would still like a threaded polymer cap from Peak to make it waterproof. Doesn't seem like Peak is listening.

Jeweler

Newly Enlightened
RobynS said:
h nu

There will be an announcement VERY shortly regarding this issue.

Robyn

Cool I can't wait, Hope there's something in Brass for cr123 body

h_nu

Enlightened
I got a pack of the True Value caps. They are a little loose. It would be nice to have something waterproof. Guess we will have to keep checking the Peak accessories page.

vortechs

Enlightened
h_nu said:
Now that I have several bodies for my Pacific, I was wondering if caps will be available for the bodies. It would be useful to use the extra bodies as battery carriers. If they are polymer, maybe red and green to color code would be nice.

If I can get threaded caps I promise to wait semi-patiently for a Baltic and SS Pacific.

I got to see the caps for the battery tubes being machined when I visited Peak's custom shop to see the new shortened AAA battery tubes for using 10280 Li-Ion cells with an ArcAAA or Peak Matterhorn head (modded with a Luxeon).

The caps are a strong white plastic that Peak's machine shop uses as a metal substitute for testing CNC programs, I believe it was called Delrin. I think Peak plans to make them in both white and black but the plastic will take a dye so you can get a white one and dye it any color you want. The caps did not look like cheap plastic lids or injection molded parts, they were very nicely machined parts, with threads to screw exactly in the battery tube. The caps even had a threaded spot for attaching a keychain post (so you can hang the 'pocket' style body on your keychain).

I tried to get some caps for the cutdown AAA bodies I got while I was there, but the AAA size wasn't made yet. Peak will probably wait until they have some stock available for all the different sizes of battery tubes before they officially announce the new product and add it to their website, since they avoid doing pre-sales, but I got permission to mention that I'd seen the caps in production.

BrightIdeaOSU

Newly Enlightened
I just recieved some of the aforementioned polymer caps for the pacific; they are very nice, with their own threading and o-ring. The post hole allows adding an attachment point, which is very useful for pocket bodies, so that they can be attached to a pack or what-not. I can imagine getting a few more AA pocket bodies now to act as super-tough battery cases for hiking and camping puposes.
--Aaron

vortechs

Enlightened
h_nu said:

I visited Peak LED Solutions today. The machined, threaded, plastic plugs to turn their flashlight bodies into battery carriers are available now (for all their different flashlight models). They come in either black or white Delrin (a tough plastic often used as a metal substitute by machinists). The white Delrin can be dyed any color (sorry but you have to dye them yourself, since Peak already has a LOT of items to try to keep track of on their website, but at least you get to choose any color you want that way). The plugs are threaded on the outside to screw into the flashlight body and have a spot to screw a keychain-style Peak removable lug into (so you can carry a pocket-style body on your keychain, or store a spare momentary tailswitch for your keychain-style body). I think the price for the Delrin plug is going to be $3.50 each. They aren't listed on the website yet, but if you call Peak you should be able to order them.

Peak was also making opaque plastic diffusers for their various flashlight heads. The diffuser fits over the head and turns the light into a wide-angle lantern. I saw a demo and it worked very well. I believe they are going to be $3.50 each as well.

Congratulations to Peak for lots of creative ideas for useful accessories for their lights.

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
vortechs said:
I visited Peak LED Solutions today. The machined, threaded, plastic plugs to turn their flashlight bodies into battery carriers are available now (for all their different flashlight models). They come in either black or white Delrin (a tough plastic often used as a metal substitute by machinists). The white Delrin can be dyed any color (sorry but you have to dye them yourself, since Peak already has a LOT of items to try to keep track of on their website, but at least you get to choose any color you want that way). The plugs are threaded on the outside to screw into the flashlight body and have a spot to screw a keychain-style Peak removable lug into (so you can carry a pocket-style body on your keychain, or store a spare momentary tailswitch for your keychain-style body). I think the price for the Delrin plug is going to be $3.50 each. They aren't listed on the website yet, but if you call Peak you should be able to order them.

Peak was also making opaque plastic diffusers for their various flashlight heads. The diffuser fits over the head and turns the light into a wide-angle lantern. I saw a demo and it worked very well. I believe they are going to be $3.50 each as well.

Congratulations to Peak for lots of creative ideas for useful accessories for their lights.

It's late, I'm tired. This news has me jumping up and down with joy and anticipation!

Maybe, I just need sleep??

nocturnal

Newly Enlightened
vortechs said:
That's good news. :) I've been searching back and forth for something like that to fit on a Pacific head, and haven't found anything suitable so far (short of tape, which is annyoing to remove). With its output and a whole night of runtime from a single AA, the Pacific would be an ideal night reading light, just the beam is too focused for that purpose.