SF A2 remove lanyard ring?

mikeymoto

Newly Enlightened
Is there a non-destructive way to remove the plastic lanyard ring from the tailcap of the current-model A2?

mikeymoto

Newly Enlightened
Oh, hmm, I just saw the picture on Lighthound, so I can prolly figure out a way to get it off now that I've seen the mechanism.

Somy Nex

Enlightened
i believe you can use a toothpick or something like that to pry the catch open. i used a screwdriver and damaged the plastic bits (not the light) but in hindsight, a toothpick would probably have worked just as well :ohgeez::stupid:

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was tyiing for about 15 minutes to get mine off with the small flathead of my leatherman Squirt (carefully, so I wouldn't slip and scratch the light or stab my hand) before I gave up. Not 2 minutes before I'm typing this, I tried again with the smallest WIHA bit I could find (not necessarily the smallest one in the kit--I've lost half of the bits), and the ring popped right off with little effort.

I think a couple GID O-rings in the empty space might be nice...

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't really care much for the lanyard ring on SF two-stage tail caps. Just use the lanyard itself and a thick o-ring:

lanyard_a2.jpg

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't SF have steel lanyard rings that slip on the barrel and are held in place by the tailcaps (a la the Z2) for the E-series? Would that fit on the A2?

I think I'd much prefer that than the crazy two-piece plastic jobbie. But I'm one of those people who like to mess with stuff, take off lanyards, put them on, swap out parts. A snap on piece that won't come off would DRIVE ME OUT OF MY SKULL.

greenLED

Flashaholic
leukos said:
I don't really care much for the lanyard ring on SF two-stage tail caps. Just use the lanyard itself and a thick o-ring:
I'm guessing you'll be replacing those with the GID o-rings you just bought. :)