scorpion, tl2, g2

A-3

Newly Enlightened
Hi, i am new to this forum :)
In a few months i will be going on a camping trip. i already got a good luxeon light for general use at camp, but i need a stronger one that can throw far, so which one would u guys sugest-scorpion, tl2 or g2?

Thanks, allan

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!
EDIT: Sorry, misread your original post and thought you were looking for another luxeon light.

The Scorpion/TL-2/NF-2 lights will usually outthrow a G2, but if it is just for camping, you might also want to take a look at the Brinkmann Maxfire LX, that will also perform comparably, but only costs $17 at your local Target. Additionally you won't be burdened with shipping costs (which usually outweighs what you would pay in local sales tax.)

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Hello and Welcome!

Pretty much what Brighteyez summed up. There's also the Streamlight TL-3 you may wish to consider, since that is a strong contender in the photon "throwing" arena, and can't be beat for the price.

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

rcashel11

Newly Enlightened
Welcome!

The Scorpion does outthrow the G2, but the Maxfire is a good choice too.

Synergy

Newly Enlightened
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Maxfire have slightly more throw than a G2?

Even it it's the same, you can't go wrong for $20 (Maxfire)

maxilux

Enlightened
What do you want to make with the Light ?
The Scorpion and the TL2 have the same brightness.
When you must have for cold days or with wet hands take Scorpion, there the Scorpion is better with his rubber body.
Forget the G2!!!!

A-3

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, but i live in canada and i don't see much brinkmann stuff here and i wanted to know, what are the main differences between the scorpion and the tl2?

thanks, allan:)

maxilux

Enlightened
There is only an Design difference !!!

Same brightness !!!

Go to the SL-Homepage and you will see all want you want to know.

strat1080

Newly Enlightened
The Scorpion and TL-2 are somewhat brighter than the G2 and also have slightly more throw. I now have both a Scorpion and G2 and definitely think the Scorpion is brighter. I do feel that the G2 will be more reliable and with accessories can be very versatile. The Scorpion and G2 are both good lights for the money. I find the G2 to be a better light although not quite as bright as the Scorpion. I do feel that it would be more dependable. For situations when you need a dependable light that you can rely on go with the G2. As others have pointed out, there have been problems reported with the Scorpion bulb popping out and getting stuck between the lens and reflector. For this reason I use the Scorpion more for common tasks while the G2 is dedicated to more high risk activities where I absolutely need to have a light that will turn on.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is little to no difference between the output from the Scorpion and the TL-2. They use the same bulb and reflectors that are for the most part the same. The difference between the two lights is that the Scorpion is of a slightly cheaper construction, using a rubber body, and has an On/Off switch with momentary on. The TL-2 features all aluminum construction and uses a momentary switch with a tailcap that is rotated for constant On. They are both spec'd at 4.9 inches in length.

A-3 said:
Thanks guys, but i live in canada and i don't see much brinkmann stuff here and i wanted to know, what are the main differences between the scorpion and the tl2?

thanks, allan:)

Greg

Newly Enlightened
Allan, if you truly want a maxfire they are branded as Noma lights and can be found at your local Canadian Tire for about 24 bucks.

As well, a 2 CR123 light with a lot of throw is the Pelican M6 and it is quite affordable. Comes with a holster too.

A-3

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys:) i will look into the M6:rock:

thanks, allan

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you think you might be interested in the polymer version, there's no need to resort to paying eBay prices or risking not getting the product at all, it's also available from a long time reputable Pelican dealer ... for about 1/3 less.
http://www.action-lights.com/flashl...black-knight-series/pelican-m6-3320-xenon.asp
Basically the same light as the aluminum 2320 model of the M6. That polymer version is also available with a Luxeon http://www.action-lights.com/flashl...k-knight-series/pelican-m6-3330-led.asp?tab=2

Paladin

Enlightened
maxilux said:
with wet hands take Scorpion,

Why is it that the Scorpion is NOT shown to even be water resistant on Streamlights web pages? Even the packages do NOT show any hint they are water resistant.

Paladin

Last edited:

maxilux

Enlightened
Paladin said:
Why is it that the Scorpion is NOT shown to even be water resistant on Streamlights web pages? Even the packages do NOT show any hint they are water resistant.

Paladin

Sorry, that i dont mean, the Scorpion has the better grip with wet hands, with his rubber body.