• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The many wonderful flavors of the McLux PD.... Share yours here!!!

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
OK, I know there is many different configurations for the McLux PD's. I want to know how many different ones there are out there, colors, coatings, drives, emitters, bins, clips, bezels, etc..... Give a brief description of your prized PD, and by all means, post a Pic if you have one! Custom PD add-ons welcome too!

From standard to outstanding, I wanna see 'em!!!

Got a special PD??? Share here!!

I'll start. Here's a Ti McLux, standard drive (530/30) T-bin, and a Chrome PD, standard drive T-bin.

McLuxPHOTO003.jpg

Fringe

Enlightened
Interesting thread PSM, but I cannot offer a picture with anything better than the above, what a great shot. I have exactly the same, except, my III-T is a U-bin.

Anyone?

Macaw

Enlightened
No pics:shrug:

Mine is a Natural Color with new Clip and Ti Bezel ring. I ordered mine with the UV1J emitter during that brief window when Don was able to accomidate a few spec. order luxeon units. I really like my PD!:rock:

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's one of mine:

Chrome UY0J running what I guess is a custom drive level Wiz2x2. Its definitely not the standard 500ma/30ma. On a R123 it draws from the battery 610ma/40ma and on a primary CR123 890ma/50ma. I'm guessing it's driving the LED in the 750ma range on high :shrug: .

dsc03254yq.jpg

-DF

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I have a standard looking PD.
But if you look carefully at the pic below
you will see a few mods.
clip.jpg

First is the stock clip that was re bent and given a satin finish.
The brass piston has been lightened and given a 'Flat' top that is very easy on the thumb.

Click here for details and pics

Also the head has a replaceable heat sink similar to the McLuxIII Ti for quick and easy Lux exchange.
Click here for details and pics

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Polished Ti clips. Man what a pain in the ***. My shot dosen't do the polishing work justice.

DSCN7886sm.jpg

A spesial buddy of mine carved this clip out of a gunk of damascus steel for me as a supirse. Once again the icture dosen't do the clip justice
It is a beautiful one of a kind clip. And I have the only one.

DAMo1sm.jpg

Yaesumofo

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
yaesumofo said:
Polished Ti clips. Man what a pain in the ***. My shot dosen't do the polishing work justice.

I hear ya. Those Ti clips are tough to polish to the mirror finish. Also high maintenance, as the polished clips tend to scratch easily and you end up re-polishing....

I don't think I want to polishing another one ever again......

Somy Nex

Enlightened
Well... I bought this some time ago, but just finally picked this up over the weekend.

UX1K, stock Wiz2x2 driver ~ 30/500 mA, H3, both bezels and new TI clip, and I believe it's #7 in the lineup.

a regular black T-bin PD, with H3 installed by Morelite, both bezels and new TI clip should be coming tomorrow when I go to customs to claim it =P

Somy Nex

Enlightened
Thanks PSM! :) It's certainly one heck of a beauty! :thumbsup: I'm still wrapping my mind around owning it! :drool: :grin2:

The T-bin will be my daily EDC though... this one's just a bit too special to be jangling around with my keys! (especially with its typeII anodize) =P

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
my polished clips have held thrie shine very well with almost no maintenence required at all. Ti seems to me to hole a shine quit nicly,'
Yaesumofo
WAVE_PARTICLE said:
I hear ya. Those Ti clips are tough to polish to the mirror finish. Also high maintenance, as the polished clips tend to scratch easily and you end up re-polishing....

I don't think I want to polishing another one ever again......

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Somy Nex said:
Thanks PSM! :) It's certainly one heck of a beauty! :thumbsup: I'm still wrapping my mind around owning it! :drool: :grin2:

The T-bin will be my daily EDC though... this one's just a bit too special to be jangling around with my keys! (especially with its typeII anodize) =P

Yeah, I know what you mean. Thats why I have 2 Chrome PD's. The T-bin is a safe queen, while the U-bin chromie PD is in my EDC rotation with my Ha-Nat "Nitrous version" PD, and my Ti McLux.

But you gotta carry that swirly PD on special occasions, in a empty pocket of course! :sssh:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
McLuxIII-T
McLuxIII-T2.jpg

McLuxIII-PD Chrome with ti-bezel and polished new-style clip as well as H3-marker and UX1J LuxIII
McLuxIII061.jpg

McLuxIII-PD dark-slate which now sport a new-style clip and ti-bezel; UX1K LuxIII
McLuxIII-PD.jpg

bernie

P.S.: nice pics and custom lights, guys !!!!!! :thumbsup:

Somy Nex

Enlightened
PoliceScannerMan said:
Yeah, I know what you mean. Thats why I have 2 Chrome PD's. The T-bin is a safe queen, while the U-bin chromie PD is in my EDC rotation with my Ha-Nat "Nitrous version" PD, and my Ti McLux.

But you gotta carry that swirly PD on special occasions, in a empty pocket of course! :sssh:

:grin2: I already have plans to accost M-thew to make me one of his creations in electric blue to protect the swirly PD for EDC ;) :naughty: :laughing:

in fact... my electric blue frog sock does fit it, but i prefer the added security of a holester :thumbsup:

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
Got a couple of nice ones myself. Just picked up the blue/green swirl today. I left out the "common" HA PD, just shot the two specials, both UX1K's. :grin2:

medtwopds8iz.jpg

Cliff

Last edited:

Latest posts