Making PR Base LED Bulbs

WayneM

Newly Enlightened
Opened this thread hoping everybody will post any available links to instructions for making your own PR base bulb. Saw 1 or 2 such pages earlier, but can't find the one I liked.

Maybe if I learned how to search better I could find it.
rolleyes.gif

However, it would be nice to have all the available links in one specific thread.

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
I found this one very informative...
http://bicomnet.com/biy2k/pages/ledlt.htm

Some good quality photographic instructions guide you through the construction purposes.

I recently did a 2-nichia-5000mcd mod to a PR based torch bulb and installed the modified bulb into a new 3D torch.
The torch wasa then tested on a trip to Snowdonia National Park in North Wales. The intense green light from the modded torch was able to light up objects on the other side of a valley. The green Nichia LED's give off a smooth beam and combine well with the multifaceted reflector, making this an excellent walking torch. This is definitekly my favorite mod so far... I might attempt a four LED bulb mod next time for use in the same type of torch.
The torch itself was available from Neal's discount Warehouse in Leicester. It is a well designed 3D tubular torch ,made of high impasct plastic incorp=orating a nice rubberised grip and integral lanyard in the tail...

Matt
EMPOWERTORCH