Brightest LED light? Gladius?

nerdtoy

Newly Enlightened
Interested in knowing who knows what the absolute brightest LED light is about the size or smaller of the Gladius Night-Ops.

I know theres something out there - what is it?

nerdtoy

Newly Enlightened
I would like to see pictures of these lights? The LED is being pushed further as the technology rapidly advances, I am curious to see what Luxeon is coming up with and what specifically out there right now. If you knwo the cost - please let me know.

nerdtoy

Newly Enlightened
MSaxatilus said:
Single LED or multiple?

Big difference.

Certainly Single - the Gladius is bright, I knoe there is a light the size or smaller and brighter, biger if not much is not a big deal - I would love to know the cost, see a photo and some details if any known. I am technology shopping :rock:

nerdtoy

Newly Enlightened
My wife and I both carry the Gladius, we love it. The thing I like the most is the strobe, its set to disrupt the brain activity for a moment, I have to say it works good on people and animals. Walking the dog, I flashed two smaller barking approaching pesky muts - they tuned back immediately. I also like the graduated rise and lowering of the beam output. Not to mention can go as deep as 150 feet underwater.

I would like to see the gladius at 200 lumens :wtf:

EDIT: Ok let's open the field of play, the brightest LED light on the market - which one is it?

Last edited:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
PoliceScannerMan said:
I paid alot! About 2.5 gladius' worth.... :ohgeez:

My name is Brandon and I need help!

Hey PSM, did you get yours yet?
Mine came today, cells are charged and I'm ready for some darkness. :)

Macaw

Enlightened
If you want flood lighting over throw then the Surefire L2 is a blazer. If throw is a priority then the HD45 with a W or X bin. As it is right now the Shoppe has only a T- bin HD45. The U-bin Mclux 27LT is an exceptional thrower in a fairly compact package.
Then SF U2 is a decent thrower as well as providing nice flood.
The Electrolumens "little friend" will be fairly compact for a multi-Luxeon flashlight. It will have a fat handle to accomidate the cluster of 4- AAA cells. It promises to be very powerful! Preorders are being taken now, they should be out in a couple of weeks when the price will go up about $30.

Last edited:

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
mc38vmaxlite0by.jpg

My guess is the Super Flashlight III running a Lux V, XX1S, emitter running and has a two-brightness switch. It is the light on the right side. If you didn't specify the size then I could have named a brighter one. I think the price was $300-ish.

Macaw

Enlightened
For long and tight throw then I recommend the HD45. You can order one from the Shoppe and have one of the resident modders upgrade it to a LuxV. The head is larger but that is the price to pay for the "Longest, tightest throw".
I have a V-bin modded 2C Mag light that is a throw monster thanks to the larger head.

Are you looking for something to stock for your business? The Mclux products are very limited.

Last edited:

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
for throw: HD45 , space needle like m@g mod ,L1 ,E1L ,E2L and any othr lights that have a reflector of 27 and above OR have TIR lens.

for lumens: L2 ,L4 ,L5 ,L6 ,L7 ,U2

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Morelite said:
Hey PSM, did you get yours yet?
Mine came today, cells are charged and I'm ready for some darkness. :)

You lucky sumbit*h!!! Mine is copming from Norway from my buddy Doug A. Probably wont make it to the sunshine state till thurs or Fri.... :awman:

PM me later after you try it out, let me know what you think about this tiny X-binned wonderlight.... :goodjob:

EDIT: I did receive my Chrome Aleph 3 w/ CR2 body from Don today however, holy thrower batman!!! :nana:

002.jpg

Last edited:

W4DIZ

Enlightened
I had CM mod a KL6 for me and it is fantastic!
The stock luxV in it was on the green side and Cris
said it was about 5800 lux @ 36".
He installed a nice WWOT and Bumped the bias up.
It is now 10,100 LUX @ 36".Estemated at 150 lum out the front.
Can you say BRIGHT?
With the L6 you get a nice combo of flood and throw.
I just sent him my KL4 so he can install a WWOS @ stock current.
Can't wait to get this one back.
CM (Cris) does fantastic work at a good price.
I highly recomend Cm for mods like these.

Macaw

Enlightened
Re: Chanegup - brightest LED emitter ----? Re: Brightest LED light? Gladius?

The X-bin if you can find them. They're rare as hens teeth. We birds have bills - get it?:lolsign:
W-bins for all practical purposes for the time being.

Someone on here has said that he has a Y-bin, that's nearly incredible!

Last edited: