NEW, Lambda Iluminator Headlamp!

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Approaching 2 hour burn in without problems!!! ya hoo (yes that is about as excited as us texans get.)

Darell

Flashaholic
I'm quietly paying attention. Didn't want you to think nobody cared. I'm just waiting for the darn pictures! No mod is complete without pictures!

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry darell, got to wait until my info systems guy can give me access to his server...

Darell

Flashaholic
Hey, no problems here. Just don't go expecting to generate much excitement until we can see your smoldering heap of melted plastic with our own eyes!

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well somewhere when i was uploading the pic it died...elapsed time 2:10 or so.. (I guess those batteries wernt as dead as I thought...

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Bing! There it is. The headlamp looks to be an even tighter beam than the LI. I don't see any smoke yet.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it is a little tighter, I put old optics in to see what it would be compared to the LI.

There is some (although minimal) light output loss due to the rather thick plastic lens on the crappy headlamp. But now I will be the envy of all my neighbors (mowing after dark and all!!)

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bushman:
Well somewhere when i was uploading the pic it died...elapsed time 2:10 or so.. (I guess those batteries wernt as dead as I thought...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? No shots of melted plastic?

Huston, we have our first 'kit tester' mod.

Mission Control, we're getting a little afraid of what he's going to do next.......

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bushman:
hooo ray, Pic is here now, take a look...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wha...? What pic?

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
pic.jpg

Here is a beam shot of a cheap knock off 2AA plastic, ulgy, yellow, (did I say cheap?) headlamp. It is patterned after the Rayovac kids adventure headlamp that is found at wal mart.

Installed inside is the lambda circut in stick formation coil beside the IC and a luxeon star mounted on a 1/8 piece of steel washer trimmed to just fit into the body of the light. the circutboard is expoxied to the back of the heatsink and the star stock aluminum board is connected to the steel with artic silver epoxy.

As of this writing it has been running fully enclosed in watertight plastic housing with 1/4 dead alkalines running full blast for 1 hour 35 min. and the heat regulation circutry has not kicked in yet. the plastic case is warm but nowhere near melting point.

More updates as things progress...

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
MR bulk, pic should be at the top post of this thread. Yep, ran it full blast with good heat sink in fully enclosed plastic housing without any sign of heat damage.