NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sydney meet run2!

Buttrock Sydney meet run2!

Hey Peeps,

About time to organise the next Sydney and surrounding areas get together eeh ? I'm hoping to have the meet in late june as this will allow people to see this thread and plan for it. The last meet probably had about 30 lights, and it was great meeting fellow flashaholics and seeing various lights in action. Hoping it'll be even bigger this time.

Anyways, date, time and location to be finalised according to responses. It'd be great if we can order pizza or something to where the get-together will be, then play/discuss lights...what do you think ?

Please include preference for weekday/weekend night, area of residence (suburb or something) and whether you think the pizza/food idea is good. Please mention nighthike as well if you're interested

27/6 - It's almost time So who's going to bring some paper for the hotwires haha. Looking forward to seeing members i met during the first meet and meeting new members as well!

25/6 - Just checked some weather forecasts and it seems next week upto wednesday will be mostly sunny. So if all goes well, we should have a pretty clear but cold night on thursday. Maybe even some fog for some beamshots too eeh!

24/6 - New time for the meet but same location. Meet will now begin on 19:30 on the 29th of June (Thursday). Meet in car park then search for a suitable location. Might be an idea to park just outside of the carpark (on the street, plenty of street parking) and walk into the carpark. During the last meet, the ranger of the park mentioned that after 20:30, any cars parked in the carpark may be fined.

Once again, if you come a bit after 19:30 and can't locate the meet, just call xx04565382 (xx being 04) and i'll come upto the carpark to find you. Highly unlikely though...what with the searing hotwire and HID beams .

Plan for the night:
    Meet in the carpark, find a suitable place to setup and order pizza (2 large should be enough huh ?). I'll go pick up the pizza when it's ready then we can have food midway through (for those of us that do want to eat) then continue being flashaholics . I'll be bringing my lightbox apparatus and light meter (just like on FLR) so if you'd like to measure your light on the night, bring some fresh cells for the measurements. Can do lux at 1 metre as well, i'll bring some measuring tape. Laptop, digicam + tripod will also be there for beamshots on the night and viewing them.

It should be a good night peeps. LED, incan, hotwires and HIDs should all be there ranging from pocket sized to shoulder strap carried. Not to mention fellow flashaholics!

15/6 - Hey peeps, below is a photo and aerial shot of the place we will have the meet at. Taken from Missionaryman in his post during the thread for the first Sydney meet.

Aerial shot

Map of the area

If you look for the words "Carrs Park" on the map, the road running between the two words is Carwar avenue. If you drive down that avenue, it will take you to the car park of the area.

Say, meet at 18:30 in the car park, then we can organise pizza and i'll go pick it up when it's ready. If you come later and can't locate the meet, just call XX04565382 (XX being 04). Looking forward to it .

14/6 - Meet will be on Thursday night, 29/6. I think there's enough people interested for pizza so we'll get some pizza on the night. Location will be Carrs Park, on Carwar Avenue that is off Princes Highway.

2/6 - Ok it's June now...i'm thinking of having the meet during the last week of June. It begins on the 26th. The day hasn't been decided yet though. I think the last week of June would be good as it will give time for people to plan around it, it lands inside of uni holidays and gives some time for this thread to reach out to other members as well.

31/5 - Hrmm, i think i'll bring my laptop and camera + tripod, that way we can view beamshots on the night. I just built a lightbox apparatus as well (featured on FLR), so i''ll bring that and a luxmeter too. Would be great to compare the output of some similar lights ? (Seems pretty good...i got the exact same number for my T3 compared to FLR!)
    Also a total of 9 now, enough to turn feeler into official methinks!

So i'll kick it off, i'll be there.

-------------------------------------

Me, Hurstville, anyday, pizza,
    Protaeus + mate, Epping, anyday, pizza, hike,
    Dangerman, anyday,
    Missionaryman, anyday ?, hike,
    Photongun, anyday,
    Haz, anyday, pizza,
    ICUDoc, Epping, anyday, pizza,
    Rob187, anyday,

Total - 9
    Last edited by Delvance; 06-26-2006 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Updates

Default Re: Sydney get together feeler run 2

right on....

I live in Epping and pizza is good.

Anyone feel up for a night hike? Might give people a better idea of how the lights are in a real life situation.

Just a suggestion

I can make anywhere in Sydney, especially if its the end of June. I have a location in Epping that might work.

Lets see if we can get even more people with even more lights!

Dont mind what day really.
    Surefire: E2E~E2L~M2~L5~M4~A2
    Mods: Arcmania 5W Surefire turbohead module
    A2 with White SMJLEDs and GID
    M4-6 (220/500 Lumens)

Hey sounds good. if there is pizza involved i'm there!!!!!
    unfortunatley, i'm having issues getting parts though customs so the DEORB555 won't be appearing
    name a date and i'll see what i can do
    orb

No one else interested ? o.0

I'll be in on this one.

I can make almost any time at night and almost any date.

Can't wait to see Protaeus's U2 after all the dramas he's experienced.

Good to see you're in Dangerman . Have you seen Protaeus's thread over in LED for his U2 ? He's got a problem with it

yeah I'd definately like to be there

I'm in Wentworthville but wouldn't mind the hike to Epping and then going on a hike

Hey Orbit, my brother is a senior customes officer I can't promise anything but I might be able to help out - PM me if you need some help.
    "Let your light shine" - it's the one commandment we all obey...

Flashaholic

Default Re: Sydney meet run2! (Feeler)

I am in on the proviso that I have my barn burner by then. Considering how competitive I can be, I don't want to come unless I can outdo, outblast, outshine and outright scorch the lotta ya's! ha-ha

Kidding. I'm in regardless.

Hope to see some masterblasters in attendance.

(unrelated, dissociated image of emoticon abusing a donkey for everyones entertainment)
    AE PL-24 HID, ELEKTROLUMENS 'LITTLE FRIEND', P4 MODDED LED LENSER 7438 'HOCUS FOCUS', DIMMING LED LENSER 7798, LRI PROTON, FENIX P1-CE, FENIX L2D-R100, TIABLO A8-Q5 ECT ECT

Count me in as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Photongun
    I am in on the proviso that I have my barn burner by then. Considering how competitive I can be, I don't want to come unless I can outdo, outblast, outshine and outright scorch the lotta ya's! ha-ha

Kidding. I'm in regardless.

Hope to see some masterblasters in attendance.

(unrelated, dissociated image of emoticon abusing a donkey for everyones entertainment)

hahaha well you better not come then, unless you can better this......

Hahaha Orbit. (Ppssttt Photongun, he's cheating! That's his car )

Awesome Haz! Name added to list.

Orbit, where did that almighty beam come from?

OI it's not cheating, he didn't stipulate it had to be hand held!
    thus by his terms of contest it counts. :@
    BTW it's from this.
    Last edited by Orbit; 05-31-2006 at 12:24 AM.

Hahaha, that's true. I don't think even a 600watt landing bulb project will beat that orbit (which i plan to do during uni break...)

haha thats true.

just as a matter of intrest, how far do you think the furtherst tree(it's a trunk) is that you can see in that pic?

It's has no magnification.

Delvance, anyday is fine, and pizza sound good too

i second the pizza.

or are there any awesome kebab places? not shifty, greasy joints. really top kebabs it what i'm after.

No idea on a good kebab place near a suitable flashaholic location. All the ones i know are in busy suburbia... furthest tree...ooo 300~350 metres i reckon...400 tops ?

Cheers Haz

Default Re: Sydney meet run2!

well....in the actual photo...hight res version, your right 412m
    with a lil zoom and alignment, 870m

Flashaholic*

Delvance

I vote for the Epping pizza option- my little LEDs are mightily outgunned, though....
    Kind Regards

David

i might give you all a special treat.

i'll re configure my lights for max throw, who's bringing a book with size 10font?
    bet's for the distance you can still read the words on the page?
    wonder what that distance would be with a VSS1?

this is loooking goooood! I need something to look forward to in the uni holidays!
    M4-6 (220/500 Lumens)

Flashaholic

hahaha orbit m'boy you talk the talk so you better bloody well walk the walk!

(your cars lights are somewhat impressive perhaps even 'fully sick-reh'!!)

What else ya got? Bring it On!

*photongun goes and gets a $13000 loan to purchase a megaray for the next Sydney meet*

MWHAHAHAHA
    AE PL-24 HID, ELEKTROLUMENS 'LITTLE FRIEND', P4 MODDED LED LENSER 7438 'HOCUS FOCUS', DIMMING LED LENSER 7798, LRI PROTON, FENIX P1-CE, FENIX L2D-R100, TIABLO A8-Q5 ECT ECT

Count me in. I'm pretty flexible with the day / date but the first 2 weeks of July are no good for me.
    Last edited by Rob187; 06-16-2006 at 04:46 AM. Reason: .

No problems Rob187...the meet will be in June anyways.

Judging by the siglines of various members that have responded to this thread...it will be a great night to check out a wide range of lights from little pocket monsters like the Fenix P1 to modded hotwire mags to torch form HIDs like the PL24 and everything in between.

Safe to say everyone will be bringing all/most of their collection ? I'll bring most of what i have like last time.

Definately, everything from an orb raw ns (if it arrives in time) to a Surefire M4 with MN21 LA (if that arrives in time)

see ya alll there!

I'll get some pics of the area Im thinking of in Epping soon. If anyone has any other areas, feel free to contribute!
    M4-6 (220/500 Lumens)

I have increased my collection and am now sporting a whopping 2 lights!!!!!
    the ROP 2C is now accompanied by a Tec20 running 2 lion 14500 and a 5 cell Xenon Maglite bulb, it can also (albeit for short periods of time) run the ROP low.
    If anyone has a 6 cell maglite xenon bulb in their inventory could you please take it along, I want to see how it will run in this little light?
    "Let your light shine" - it's the one commandment we all obey...

Flashaholic

I definately want to see your 2c rop missionary. It not about quantity, rather quality. I'd rather have one good light than 10 shit ones. Like the plasticy, chinese made supermarket grade, incandescents - they're for the birds (excluding pelicans (ha-ha)).

I'm gonna bring all I have, which hopefully by the time the meet arrives, will consist of several new & exciting (not to mention excrutiatingly exorbitant) additions to my collection. These will include a USL, and either a Xevision barn barner or a Maxabeam. If Xevision dont get their act together I'll probably lose patience and buy the Maxabeam instead.

In other news, I'm compelled to share with everyone how impressed I am with my Golston 7w luxeon purchased from Dae's site. The first one I received had rather lacklustre performance and eventually stopped working. It was replaced by Dae and WHOA mumma. It has better colour rendition, a tighter hotspot and a more usefil spill beam than my Pelican 2390. I paid USD$27 for the Golston and USD$100 for the Pelican! I'm probably gonna sell the Pelican now as the lights are very similar except the Golston notably outperforms its more expensive brethren! Very impressive indeed.

Oh yeah, Orbit... Remember me? Here's looking at you buddy!. ahaha Tell me you dont have an operational vss1. And pleaaasse tell me you aint bringing it along to the next meet...

Flashaholic

HelloOoooOO... Sydneysiders where are ya? Don't make me go and befriend the yanks.

HA HA HA

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast