Any flashaholics in the Asheboro,Lexington,Thomasville area?

hburner

Enlightened
I know I saw a CPF member that had Lexington as their hometown but I don't recall who.

I just thought that we might trade ideas and local shops that we know of that sell SF and related products. I don't know much but am willing to share what I do know. Possibly even a get together if their are enough of us!!!!

Let me know, hburner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Any flashaholics in the Asheboro, Lexington,Thomasville, NC area?

Newton, NC 28658, checking in :wave:

I game for a Flashaholic get together and I think there are a few other lukers in our area :poke:

PM sent.

Later
Kelly

Last edited:

hburner

Enlightened
Glad to hear it Crossman! Let us all keep this in mind. I am thinking maybe the fall of the year? We can all try to agree on something simple but worth our time!!!!

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Any flashaholics in the Asheboro,Lexington,Thomasville, NC area?

Hi Crosman451,

I figured you would show up here :)

Later
Kelly

Last edited:

Enlightened
I would have loved to make it, but I'm about to be a Tenn flashaholic. I got a promotion and will be moving to Nash"vegas" in about three weeks. I hope you guys have a great turnout and a great time.

Chris

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Chris,

Congratulations on the promotion! But I'm sorry to hear your leaving the area, take care and stay in touch......You know Tennessee isn't that far away :grin2:

Later
Kelly

hburner

Enlightened
Nugget, that is not far from my home town of Biscoe! Gone by Eds gun shop lately?

nuggett

Enlightened
I try not to, it hurts my wallet! He has a small selection of SF lights there.

hburner

Enlightened
Yea I wandered what he had down there. It has been a couple of years since I visited that place.

I did call however and his prices where the same as Surefires website.

nuggett

Enlightened
i bought my L4, E2d, G2 and E1L there, then I got the idea to go on line for some of the more exotic and second hand stuff. Jims Guns in Fayettville has a very nice selection of SFs to gawk at. http://www.newgraham.com/ is a great on line seller.

hburner

Enlightened
Nice. I would like to ride out and see some of the shops that carry SF.

My sister works in Southern Pines for First Care with the mobile unit.
Meanwhile, I really hope this "Lumenoid gathering happens!!"

hburner

Enlightened
Chris and Flying Turtle, what do you guys think of a Lumenoid gathering?

Just something simple say one Saturday evening, maybe mid to late fall?

Location, Still up for suggestions, I would like to meet later in the day so that we could throw some lumens around when it got dark, that time of the year it gets dark sooner too!

astra

Newly Enlightened
Just checking in. Live near Lincolnton (Lincoln County) about 40 miles west & north of Charlotte and I work in Charlotte.

Can't commit to a get-together yet. Hopefully it will work out.

Danny

WDR65

Enlightened
I haven't updated my location just yet, but I'm on the coast right now. Willard, NC 28478. Just north of Wilmington. I'll keep an eye on this and might be able to make it to the center part of the state in the fall. Guess I'll have to add some more to the collection before then.

By the way, as far as shops that offer decent deals on lights, Lawmen's Safety Supply in Garner (just outside of Raleigh) is fairly low on Surefire stuff, around 25% off full msrp give or take a bit. They also sell most of Streamlight's line and I've spent way too much money in there over the past few years. Ed's has a decent selection also though I haven't bought anything there. Also Young Guns in Apex generally has a good selection and they're a little off full msrp.

Dudley

was_jlh

Enlightened
Camera Corner in Burlington carries Surefire. Their selection varies greatly though. Last year they had a couple of black E-1's when everyone was looking for them.

hburner

Enlightened
was jlh, where is that in Burlington? Its a good jump from the house but I could talk the wife into riding that way if I mention the outlet shops!