Plan to build a light stand for 3d laser etched glass piece

Max

Enlightened
Here's an idea I think I can have fun with. I have a glass paperweight that has a 3D pattern etched on the inside. They're pretty cool, and look very nice when illuminated from below, sort of like this example:
czarimports_1675_9191651

I thought that if regular white illumination looks cool, wouldn't color-cycling LED illumination be even better?

My current plan is to make a box sort of like this
bar552a.jpg

with a Sauce Light Washer, Light Orb, or Light Sprite hidden on the inside. Anybody have a suggestion for which AC-powered color-cycling LED source might be best?

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Max:
Here's an idea I think I can have fun with. I have a glass paperweight that has a 3D pattern etched on the inside. They're pretty cool, and look very nice when illuminated from below, sort of like this example:
czarimports_1675_9191651

I thought that if regular white illumination looks cool, wouldn't color-cycling LED illumination be even better?

My current plan is to make a box sort of like this
bar552a.jpg

with a Sauce Light Washer, Light Orb, or Light Sprite hidden on the inside. Anybody have a suggestion for which AC-powered color-cycling LED source might be best?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw somebody who made a light source of LED's, and put translucent stones, crystals, etc. on it. Totally beautiful. Try using different colors too. Use a ac/dc wall power source, resist it down if necessary.

Wayne www.elektrolumens.com