Fun with scotch tape 2: E2 & Lambda beamshaper

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
more stuff i took pictures of at 2 in the morning...

The maglight accessory kit will fit the Surfire E2 and Lambda Illuminator/Legend 2AA Bezel...
fda8f758.jpg

Take the clear lens from the kit and cover it with Scotch tape and trace around the lens with a razor... (I was in a hurry and i didn't smooth out the air bubbles)
fda8f756.jpg

Now just simply place the beamshaper on the bezel of the E2 or Lambda Illuminator.
fda8f753.jpg

fda8f751.jpg

The lenses can be switched with the red or amber lens that the kit came with. It's a little tough to put the beamshaper on the Lambda because of rubber that surrounds the bezel. But with a little pushing it will fit snugly. It will loosen up A TAD after a week or so. Just to let you know, the clip for the E2 gets in the way for a less than perfect fit, but it stays on snug... that's what counts. Hey...it was only about 4 dollars.

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
how effective is the red lens with the LI...is there enough light out put so that there is still good red illumination?...how does the tape work as a "shaper"...I mean it is pretty darn smooth to begin with, cool mod.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geoff...the red filter totally reduces light to almost nothing. For VERY close work its bright. But anything past 2-3 feet, it is not useful at all. I'm thinking its because LEDs don't release enoegh light in the red spectrum to be useful with a red filter.

But on an E2...that's a different story.

As for the beamshaper, The hotspot is completely removed and you are left with a VERY nice area light. If you have a Light Canon, put the beam shaper in place and you will know what i mean. The LI will have the exact same beam pattern as the Light Cannon with the beam shaper....just a lot dimmer.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really prefer the Brinkman filter cap. It fits fine on the mag, bringman and E2. Plus it has a little tag loop so you can flip it off without loosing it. Plus its only $5 with free shipping from the brinkmann site:
869-0060-0.jpg
http://www.thebrinkmanncorp.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=8&Product_ID=313&CATID=2

It doesn't come with a clear lens, but you can make one from a shampoo bottle or something. I have grown to really like the yellow lens. Its great in the midlle of the night when full power is blinding