• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

27L-T +PD= TTIWWBS

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
this thread is worthless without beamshots!!!
SO...if these two lights are complementary...prove it!
show me the 27LT on low vs PD on low
"""""""""""""""""""""""" low """""""""" high
"""""""""""""""""""""""""high"""""""""""high

not wall shots...room and outdoor shots...c'mon guys...it's gotta be dark or you wouldna bought a McGizmo.

I mean after all, I could finally standardize my battery choices and get the PD a big bro.

note: my PM6 McGizmo modd'd R2H BB400 is the king of my 123 based useful outdoor only lights...remember those days?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Hello from the old days there !! :wave:

Unfortunately I do not exactly have what you want, and I am too busy making it right now :nana: ... but here's what I got:

A comparison of the 27LT with various other McR Reflectors including the 20mm of the McLuxIII-PD, albeit at 917 mA drive current. The real PD would be driven at 530mA give or take a few mA.

McR-Comparison.jpg

Corona shot to illustrate the concentration and impact of the various coronas:

bwcomparo.jpg

Please note that there is the Luxeon Lottery at play for the 27LT vs the other lights, but all the others use the same LE so they are directly comparable.

bernie

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok....there they are. Note: all pictures here are directly comparable to eachother. That is, all camera settings have been fixed for each shot.

McLux III-PD (TYOJ) on LOW

pdlow1bn.jpg

McLux III-PD (TYOJ) on HIGH

pdhi0bv.jpg

27LT (UX1K) on LOW

27ltlow1qe.jpg

27LT (UX1K) on HIGH

27lthi0dj.jpg

EDIT: note that all of these shots are about a stop underexposed (i.e. the PD on low is really not as low as you see in the pic). I did that purposefully so that I do not blowout the shot of the "27LT on HIGH" because the hotspot of that light is too freakin bright...

You may now draw your own conclusions.....

WP

Last edited:

PhantomZ

Enlightened
cool pics!

how about a pic of both on at the same time. both high, then low with distance measurements?

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Penguin said:
Now throw in a HD45 in there and we got all of Don's current offerings! I'd love to see how the HD45 stacks up with the 27LT

Unfortunately, the only HD45 I have is an X-bin.....(actually, let me clarify: that UNFORTUNATE for you.....FORTUNATE for me :nana: ). It may not be a comparison that you would be useful to you.

But I'll do it anyway because beamshots are fun.... if the 27LT betters the HD45 X-bin, then we can safely assume that it will also better the HD45 W-bin.

WP

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Wave Particle - I still want to see the beamshot comparison between the 27LT and the U2! It will just make me buy a 27LT, but this will justify it!

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened
The 27L-T should out throw the HD45 X-Bin. I have an Aleph 3 with a 917 TWOJ and it's center is still about 15-20% brighter than the X-Bin HD45. I would imagine a UWOJ would be significantly brighter. That being said X-Bin still blows the Aleph 3 away in overall illumination and I can't tell the 15-20% throw with the naked eye. But bottom line is the small die of the 3 watt will still throw light farther than the big 5 watt die if focused optimally.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
jch79 said:
Wave Particle - I still want to see the beamshot comparison between the 27LT and the U2! It will just make me buy a 27LT, but this will justify it!

Ok...I'll throw that in as well.... 'cause I got one!

I also have an HDS U60XRGT and a RAW NS if anyone is interested in adding any of these to the comparison.... aw... maybe I'll just do them all...

So that will be the 27LT versus PD, HD45 (Xbin), SF U2, HDS U60XRGT, RAW NS and maybe a couple of my more specialized lights...

I don't want to hijack this thread, so I probably start a new one over the next day or so....

WP

jch79

WAVE_PARTICLE said:

I also have an HDS U60XRGT and a RAW NS if anyone is interested in adding any of these to the comparison.... aw... maybe I'll just do them all...

So that will be the 27LT versus PD, HD45 (Xbin), SF U2, HDS U60XRGT, RAW NS and maybe a couple of my more specialized lights...

I don't want to hijack this thread, so I probably start a new one over the next day or so....

WP

Nice call WP - I'm looking forward to seeing this!!! you're comparing what would be my ideal lineup of flashlights! (if the U85 would ever come out, that'd be there too!):candle:

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
jch79 said:

Just for you, jch79!

27LT on HIGH

27lthigh8mx.jpg

Surefire U2 on HIGH

u2high1cz.jpg

Please note that the Luxeon Lottery plays a huge role in the U2..... I know that my U2 is a big lottery winner and is a bright one.... a W-bin for sure.

WP

pcmike

Enlightened
Definitely looking forward to your upcoming thread with all those beamshots being directly compareable!@$ Please do post a link in this thread when you make the new one.

:thanks:

WAVE_PARTICLE said:

WP

cy

Flashaholic
as requested a beamshot with 27 LT and PD
not a real fair comp as 27 LT has Ubin and PD has Tbin driven at different currents and reflectors.

bs 27lt pd.JPG

jch79

WAVE_PARTICLE said:
Just for you, jch79!

27LT on HIGH

Surefire U2 on HIGH

Please note that the Luxeon Lottery plays a huge role in the U2..... I know that my U2 is a big lottery winner and is a bright one.... a W-bin for sure.

WP

Wow... thanks WP - now remind me: why did I buy a U2 again? :shrug:

Don - you are a sick man... creating a flashlight such as this. You do realize what you're doing to all of us, don't you? :eek: Don't you?

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
cy said:
as requested a beamshot with 27 LT and PD
not a real fair comp as 27 LT has Ubin and PD has Tbin driven at different currents and reflectors.
Cy, you prove my point in resisting requests to throw up comparo beamshots with the Ti Protos against PD's, as the Protos have larger reflectors and are driven harder (plus the Ti LT has an X-bin :nana: ). As you pointed out, it just ain't a "fair fight." :touche:

PhantomZ

Enlightened
thanks everyone for the pics! a picture is worth a thousands words and no matter the differences in the built of the lights (fair or not),its more satisfying seeing it then reading about it~