Glass lenses for the Nuwais
Orb Raw
Orb Raw NS
Cells and blue Luxeon for Orbs
Fenix P1
Fenix LOP
Fenix Civictor
56 keyring lights
6 chinese lights ( gifts for the neighbours )
50 Battery Station 123's
6 Rechargeable 123's
Probably other stuff I forgot
Oh,
and a house.

All these to go with the Surefire M3, E1, QIII, the various Maglights I have and others. So my question is;

I have clearly developed a habit so what should I do ?? Try and kick it or go with the flow. Problem is, I can see myself lying to the wife, hiding new torches and sneaking out of bed at night to get my 'fix' in the closet.

06.06.06 Update.

I forgot the Fenix L1p on the original list
And also ,now I have 50 key ring lights to add to the list
And, as it turns out, in about 8 months, a baby !!

Last edited:

nerdtoy

Newly Enlightened
I believe if you have CPF as your default page in your browser like me OR visit more then 5 times per day you have a serious problem, its called financial problems and marital problems...its because you see something cool and MUST have it - you just HAVE to have one even though you have 20, 50, 100 flashlights already ;):dedhorse:

How many of your wife's and girlfriends support you in your habit? :huh2:

Mine DOES thank jesus, mary, joseph and all those other gods and beings watching over us and the universe. :anyone:

Imagine this, finding a more intelligent life out in the universe and digging on their lighting technology :) Just imagine what it could be like, the possibilities are amazing especially if they are thousands of years ahead in technology then we are and we are in the infant stage of technology I believe. :aaa: :faint:

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
As long as it doesn't affect you making the house payment, buy ALL the lights that you want! And occasionally buy the wife something so she doesn't get pissed.

Jeff

nerdtoy

Newly Enlightened
Mine buys herself. Thankfully we do not have a house payment BUT we have everything else everyone has not to mention this new flood insurance BS we have to fork up.

I restrict myself actually, we are trying to put together enough to make another light order and that's no small feat, our stock is running short and we have to maintain inventory on everything we sel in the event someone has a problem and returns something or want's an exchange :)

So take the missing house payment I have and multiply that times 5 for the average middle class home in the suburbs. What really yanks me is that the property value is going UP and not down like I thought. Ours went up which is good but the people that had 12 feet of water also went up too. Really strange.

SCblur

Enlightened
"HELP. I've got a habit..."

Do you walk into the liquor store and ask for Alcoholics Anonymous brochures too? Seriously, we're not the one's to help you, we're as addicted as they come.

dtsoll

Enlightened
Man, you got it bad, you should be ashamed of yourself!! Get a grip!! Let me see if I can help you? Okay, yes, here is the solution. Box up all that crap and send it to me for disposal! I'll see to it that no one else gets their hands on this stuff!! PM me for my addy, Let's get this taken care of immediately! Go quickly, hurry now! Doug:)

nerdtoy

Newly Enlightened
:poke:
dtsoll said:
Man, you got it bad, you should be ashamed of yourself!! Get a grip!! Let me see if I can help you? Okay, yes, here is the solution. Box up all that crap and send it to me for disposal! I'll see to it that no one else gets their hands on this stuff!! PM me for my addy, Let's get this taken care of immediately! Go quickly, hurry now! Doug:)
:dedhorse:

Now let's see, you want what and how many?

Let me get you a price quote for our tiny inventory :lolsign:

Nothing is this world is free Big Daddy :clap:

PS: I like email much better by the way.

dtsoll

Enlightened
Kevin, I was actually refering to Jay but...........If you are in the shape he is in please, do yourself a favor too, ship it to me. We must stop this madness somewhere now don't we, hehe!! Doug:)

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the suggestion Dtsol but somehow I think that if I ship them all to you I'd just start feeling the need to go out and replace them.

Guess I'm just sunk !

Hans

Enlightened
Jay R said:
Since February I have bought

Two QIII Nuwais ( gifts )
5watt Nuwai
Glass lenses for the Nuwais
Orb Raw
Orb Raw NS
Cells and blue Luxeon for Orbs
Fenix P1
Fenix LOP
Fenix Civictor
56 keyring lights
6 chinese lights ( gifts for the neighbours )
50 Battery Station 123's
6 Rechargeable 123's
Probably other stuff I forgot
Oh, and a house.

What, *no* HDS? Now, there's something far wrong here ... :D

You really, really *need* to get at least two HDS lights. With some luck you may find a couple left from the ongoing sale of the discontinued B42.

Hans

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since joining, I've bought (in vague order):

Arc AAA-P
HDS B42XR (sold)
Fenix L1P (gave away)
Fenix L0P
CR2 Ion
McLux III PD
Fire~Fly III
Jil Intelli
Jil 1.3W UV
Fenix L2P head on L1P (sold)
Fenix L2P body (sold)
Fenix P1
Surefire A2 WH
HDS U60XRGT
McLux III PD (another)

And in the mail/on order I have:

Exolion
Jetbeam Jet-1
Orb Raw Ns
Custom UWOJ FLuPIC boards for the Exolion and Jil Intelli

But I've stopped. "I can stop anytime", and I have. This is it for now, and it'll take a whopper of a light for me to buy anything more. HDS U85GT maybe, or mod my U60XRGT with a UXOJ if I can. And if for some reason an Exolion pops up for sale, I wouldn't pass it up. But seriously, that's it. I hope.

roguesw

Enlightened
the next phase of this "habit" will be this

- you have a problem when you ordered a light, it hasnt even arrived yet and already you are buying parts to mod it , now that is sick,

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ouch. And I thought I was bad. Since joining I've bought quite a few lights as well. It really is a VERY addicting hobby. I don't know what it is about it, but for some reason it just makes me want to buy more and more. At least I know I'm not alone. :laughing:

Zeide

Newly Enlightened
Well I am 57, retired and have no idea how I got hooked by flashlights. I
started my small collection about 4 weeks ago and I cannot stay away from
CPF and every other webpage I can find on flashlights. At present I have
or have on order, Fenix L2T, Streamlight Poly 4AA Luxeon, Dorcy Hawkeye,
an Egear Stretch Light 1W Luxeon, MiniMag 2AA and now I want one for my
Key Chain. Looking at either an Orb Raw or a Fenix P1. My wife thinks I am
totally nuts but we only live once. Next thing is to find some huge convention
which will display most lights and then meet other screwballs like myself for
whom Torches are a way of life and something to be blessed!!!. LOL. Zeide