I think this belongs to one of you.... w0w

SuperBert

Enlightened
I was REALLY bored and was googling different terms; PGLIII happened to be one of them. Well, came across the page linked below.

I remember seeing the cat picture last year, which was posted by one of the CPF users. I just want to say this NOT GOOD advertising for the laser community. It's personal pages like these, comments about irresponsible use, and just plain stupidity like this that makes not only this particular forum, but lasers as a whole LOOK BAD.

So, whoever's page this is, and you don't even have to claim it, remove this from the WWW, for newsgroups, and the general public to see.

Take a look:

pic edited out by Kiessling; see post below for explanation.

This pic is from:

Thanks...

-Brett

Last edited by a moderator:

tobjectpascal

Banned
chances are (hopefully) they're faked, if not, he's a sick **** who needs to remove his website, that's sick, i have 1 kitten and a cat, he's just sick, that really annoys me, to which i'm going to complain, get the site shut down.

nero_design

Enlightened
I don't think there was any need to post a link to the image in here.
This is the sort of thing that people should be opposed to seeing on the internet though.

We DON'T need to be putting ideas out there in visual form like this.
This is a bad image that can only reflect badly on the rest of us.

SuperBert

Enlightened
youre rite... no link needed...

I would edit your post before a potentially constructive thread gets shut down tobjectpascal

this does hits the laser community personally though..(IMO)

Last edited:

Athoul

Enlightened
Oh wow talk about what NOT to do with a laser! I hope this is not a sign of things to come(as in this kind of imagery). The pictures are faked, however there are those that would take it as real out there. High powered portable lasers are aleady under scrutiny in the US and a couple other Countries, we don't need more negative attention being brought to them.

dr_lava

Enlightened
edited out because of either misleading or stupid comments.
bernhard

:sssh: Because it was a photoshopped creation, I thought a comment on the 'artistic flair' was in order. oh well! Of course, I do not support the inappropriate/dangerous use of lasers.

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
There was another version of this pic floating around last year with the text "PGLIII - because your laser sucks" added and without the burning face. It got posted here and invoked consequences. Just like this one.

I will remove the pic. Please do not post something like this again. Never ever. There are always some stupid people who can't read but do look at pictures and like to be just as cool.
Comments like dr_lava's above are just what we need here and make me think of the paragraph above this one. So his post will get edited.

Since this thread was started with "good" intentions nothing more will happen. Posting a pic like this one in other circumstances will get anyone banned quicker than lightning for a very long time.

bernhard